Jayden Nelson

KW519

17 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Rosenborg down 2-0, no Nelson late in the game. Manager pulling what those in the industry call “The TFC special”

And according to FotMob, the subs have been central mids and a left sided attacker.  Seems like there would have definitely been a chance to bring Nelson into the game when you are chasing goals.  

Without knowing the rationale I am not going to hit the panic button but it is worrying that he… only came on in the 84th minutes (got the notification while typing).  

17 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Waaay too early for the panic button

Yeah I thought of that after posting.  Just an overreaction.  I guess I was just hoping that he would have an immediate impact - or at least be given the chance.  Discouraging that he barely saw the field in a game where they needed offence.  Suggests that he isn’t as ready as I was hoping.  

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly got past someone with a spin and backheel through his opponent's leg, but the guy just got a piece of it. Not very involved, but his skill on the ball is really apparent. Playing centrally. Game's quite entertaining, Molde leading 1-0, but should've scored more. Their level of execution is impressive, passes are crisp, playing through the press and their off-the ball movement is creating havoc.

He’s looked fairly good on the ball when he’s had it.  He also stood over a dangerous free kick but the left footed player took it instead.  Just swung in a nice corner as well.  Hopefully this means he will regularly be on set pieces throughout the season.

Edited by Corazon

Edit:  no assist.  Just sent the corner into a dangerous area which ended up coming off defenders head for the own goal, so technically no assist.  That’s the 2nd delivery in a row he’s put in a good spot.  That’s how you make your first minutes count.

He was involved in the buildup where he had a left footed shot blocked by a defender.  He then got the ball back and earned a corner on the goal line.  In which he swung in for the assist.

Edited by Corazon

Definitely doesn’t look out of place.  

Not sure why he didn’t play last week but he certainly looks capable at this level.  Really hoping this year is transformational for him in terms of getting lots of playing time and maturing into the type of player I think he can be.