Jayden Nelson

KW519

Off topic, went to Valerenga’s home opener today. Also a tidy stadium. Jayden should do well in the league - it is definitely a step down from MLS, aside from the top two sides. Valerenga were kind of junk, which was disappointing given their history. It reminded me of MLS 10-12 years ago. 

Edited by Soro17

2 hours ago, Soro17 said:

Off topic, went to Valerenga’s home opener today. Also a tidy stadium. Jayden should do well in the league - it is definitely a step down from MLS, aside from the top two sides. Valerenga were kind of junk, which was disappointing given their history. It reminded me of MLS 10-12 years ago. 

I’ve had a passing interest in VIF (and Norwegian footy) for almost 20 years from when I attended my first game in Norway at the Ulleval Stadium.  I still watch the occasional game online-saw Bodø Glimt beat Stabaek today; B/G is a fun team to watch.

I think the Rosenborg move was a very good one for Nelson and hope it challenges him, they are probably the most successful team historically and the pressure to succeed amongst the support there might even be greater than at TFC. 

19 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah this is encouraging.  

And for the record, Molde doesn’t have a bad facility considering they play in a lower tier Euro league.   

271C6432-8B19-4A00-8F3B-CD608BDC6687.jpeg

Would love to see a Stadium like this in Canada for a CPL team. This stadium fits around 10000 , it’s fully enclosed with a roof over all the stands . 

3 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Would love to see a Stadium like this in Canada for a CPL team. This stadium fits around 10000 , it’s fully enclosed with a roof over all the stands . 

But where is the open space for people to chill, kids to run around and people to ignore what's happening on the pitch? It would never work. 

Oh yeah, my mistake, that's outside the ground and in the sea.

8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

But where is the open space for people to chill, kids to run around and people to ignore what's happening on the pitch? It would never work. 

Oh yeah, my mistake, that's outside the ground and in the sea.

So true lol need that open space , or God forbid there is nothing else to do but watch the game . 

Edited by SoccMan

8 minutes ago, gator said:

Great article.  No secret that I am a big fan of his so love seeing the in depth coverage.  And more importantly, I love seeing the plan in place for him and the way he is viewing this opportunity.  And good to know Herdman sees him as part of the future as well.   

Another short-term goal is also to make it back to the national team. Nelson did confirm to Transfermarkt that he was supposed to be in the March camp for the Concacaf Nations League games against Curaçao (2-0) and Honduras (4-1). But with the forward just completing a move to Europe, the player, and national team head coach John Herdman agreed that it would be best to focus on the club instead. 

Some choice reviews from a Rosenborg forum from today's game:

"One small bright spot is Nelson who should be the banker in the team going forward."

"Rekdal must go! Nelson will start every game! Bjørlo should be on the bench."

"Jayden Nelson 6 - Comes in with composure and technical ability. Keeps the ball in the team and lifts us immediately. Good relationship with Tagseth. Good overview and passing on the score to Holse."

And my personal favourite:

"Nelson has a poor understanding of the game JADDA!!!! 
What a great overlap!"

Edited by sebdeserio