Jayden Nelson

KW519

22 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I'd buy that.

Would also add that Nelson is roughly around the same age Millar was when he joined Basel...and Liam still hasn't fully moved on from Basel yet (though I am optimistic he will). 

I hope Nelson gets out of Norway quicker than Millar has gotten out of Switzerland. So far Jayden hasn't had as good of a debut season compared to Millar.

Liam hasn't fully moved on from Basel because his second season was relatively pretty disappointing compared to his first season. If he repeated or even slightly improved his numbers in Y2, he'd be in the Premier League right now, that I am certain of- what a tremendous season he had. I don't think we should bank on Nelson, or any player, to have a similar sophomore slump, so assuming that isn't the case, I'm sure JN will spend next year in Norway, grow as a player, probably go on loan somewhere good in January '25, if it works, it becomes a transfer that summer, and at aqe 24, maybe he's playing for RB Salzburg or the Bundesliga or somewhere nice. My FIFA career save says he goes to Leverkeusen around that age, let's see how accurate it is.

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

My wife wants to go building supply shopping so I don’t get to watch this one.  

Some days…

Could be an expensive trip  for you but you know what is way, way more expensive?  Divorce!  So enjoy your quality time with the missus at Rona or Home Despot

13 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Could be an expensive trip  for you but you know what is way, way more expensive?  Divorce!  So enjoy your quality time with the missus at Rona or Home Despot

My father was complaining about how poor he was one day. 

My brother: “Dad, you gotta stop giving half your stuff away”.  

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Kid just turned 21 a month ago. He's playing at a good level, but it definitively isn't his ceiling. Excited to see what his ceiling is!

Always shocking how young he is. If this was a guy who came through an academy or something as opposed to having played for TFC for the past however many years, I think we’d have a different perspective on him. Still so young. 

57 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Where is a realistic next step? Obviously that is hard to tell but Belgium, Holland, France? They all seem like places he might fit in well. Spain/Portugal too.

I would say Holland. Seems like a lot of players make that move from Scandinavia, at least moreso than Belgium and definitely moreso than France.

Feyenoord and especially PSV are very well stacked right now, and Ajax despite being in crisis are still Ajax. I would look at a team like AZ or Twente as a possible destination. Those two seems to consistently be the best of the rest outside the top 3. Maybe if Sparta have another good season and get into Europe he could even end up there and connect with Brym.