Tajon Buchanan

nolando

Didn't see it but Inter fans in the PGT on reddit are saying he played well in the short amount of time he was on. Did more than Dumfries did all game and a lot want to see him start. I haven't seen one second of him with Inter aside from highlights of his first appearance yet but it sounds like he's doing all he can with the limited minutes he's been given.

Noone here watched? He was great actually. We had it on delay here and I just caught it.

Played left back to left wing. 

Had 3 shots, one from near the penalty spot was blocked by teammate Arnautovic, Tajon was peeved as it looked like a winner. Another he was at the top of the box on a corner, faked right, shot left, went to corner. A third was a low cross that the keeper stopped.

Also defended very tenaciously and was applauded by the Inter fans. He looked extremely fast and his off the ball movements were excellent. Comparing to Davies, the latter seems like he hasn't been coached at all at Bayern, only for defensive tasks.

As a couple guys are sanctioned for next week vs Calgiari, he might merit a start.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

This is what I was doing today. 

IMG_3695.jpeg

IMG_3696.jpeg

Same! So damn cool, even with rolling clouds where I was in southern Ontario, we luckily still saw the totality part pretty clearly.

Edit: we got orange clouds in the horizon where I was too, didn't realize that part would happen.

Edited by Bdog

1 hour ago, Bdog said:

Same! So damn cool, even with rolling clouds where I was in southern Ontario, we luckily still saw the totality part pretty clearly.

Edit: we got orange clouds in the horizon where I was too, didn't realize that part would happen.

So much cooler than I was expecting. The "dark saber" sun in the sky was cool, the trippy movie-like lighting just before totality was cool, and like you mentioned the 360 degree sunset on the horizon was cool. Even the moment at the end of totality when it went from "you can still look at this without the glasses" to "quick turn away it's back" was cool.

His highlight package from the game is brief but pretty solid. He made a couple defensive plays, a nice play in Udinese's box, and it's clear that his speed more than matches up, even in Serie A. Anything can happen before next season, but from what I'm seeing, he's doing as much as he can to solidify a spot higher up on the depth chart for next season.

I thought he was fine. Not more than that.

What is surprising to me is that when he was signed he was talked about as a Cuadrado injury fill in and potential Dumfries replacement, but his last couple of appearances been on the left instead of on the right. Does Inzaghi see something in him and plan on using him there long term? Or was this just because Carlos Augusto was playing in the back line because of 2 CB injuries requiring more cover on the left?

33 minutes ago, masster said:

What is surprising to me is that when he was signed he was talked about as a Cuadrado injury fill in and potential Dumfries replacement, but his last couple of appearances been on the left instead of on the right. Does Inzaghi see something in him and plan on using him there long term? Or was this just because Carlos Augusto was playing in the back line because of 2 CB injuries requiring more cover on the left?

It could just be a case of ensuring he gets some playing time/experience, even if it's not in the position they're planning for long term.

1 hour ago, masster said:

I think it's because Darmian is still at the club (plus Carlos Augusto was playing CB). Theoretically Inzaghi Could have put Augusto at WBL and Darmian at CB, but this seems to be his preferred pattern for this year. I think the idea is that Dumfries and Darmian are gone next year so Tajon's primary position will be WBR next season. Even if Darmian stays he's not getting any younger.

Who knows though, it's possible that the plan for next year is more in flux than we know. Tajon may be seen as WBR/WBL cover strictly.

14 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Three frigging minutes guys. It takes longer to eat a bag of Cheetos. About the time you need to run in Pamplona if you're a bull. Peeing with prostate worries. 

It's really not an excuse. 

There hasn't been a total eclipse over Spain since 1905. In 2026, there will be a total eclipse over the northern part of Spain. In 2027, over the southern tip of Spain. I suspect you'll care then!

Definitely not an Inter expert, but maybe Inzaghi and Inter just see what most of us do, which is that Tajon is much better from the left, where he can cut inside and do damage.

On the right he seems very ordinary to me, especially at the level of Serie A or Champions League. It's on the left where he looks threatening and dangerous.