Tajon Buchanan

nolando

In a way, these were the first truly competitive minutes he has had for Inter, against a top opponent in game that had just been levelled late (which is what caused Inzaghi to put him on). He didn't look out of place, though didn't have much time to show what he could do. Got taken down twice, although only the first was a foul. Nicely involved in a build-up for a possible opportunity that fizzled out. Ref was a bit of a dick to be honest, blowing the whistle when he did, not just because Tajon was charging up the field on a dangerous attack with the ball but because he didn't add any time at all for the substitution made by Napoli during injury time.

Edited by Gian-Luca

10 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I was right at first then got confused--but I was referring to the rival player, the paper said Anguissa and I see the number and it's 99, Anguissa for Napoli, they were right. 

Our top level players in Europe all wear 17 and Davies 19.

David wears 9. 

3 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

Good thing Tajon "yeah obviously" Buchanan plays completely differently than he speaks. 😴

It's just a lot of fluff, and political know how. Allistair sounded like was running for federation president. 

8 hours ago, Shway said:

It's just a lot of fluff, and political know how. Allistair sounded like was running for federation president. 

Elite players are multi-million dollar entities, they have lawyers, agents, they have to be extremely careful of their value (and their health). So the fact they learn to speak this way is probably a virtue. It did not used to be like this, as you know, so incredibly boring. Even coaches rarely say things illuminating, even Guardiola and Mourinho are old farts now.

In fact, you used to run into elite players and chat with them, now they go eat in the private reserves because they don't want any pics of themselves licking a knife and such. 

In the 90s and even into the early 2000 I ran into Barça (and Espanyol) players at clubs, I even saw them on the street, I saw Zubizarreta, Cruyff, David Villa, Puyol... I haven't seen anyone for years now. Anyone in Vancouver will confirm that it is also the case with Whitecaps players, who were more accessible even 6-8 years ago, 15 years ago you'd see them everywhere near downtown Vancouver (last I saw was Nerwinski strolling with his girlfriend).

Nowadays all the interesting content is from the former players and managers on the podcasts, its all braggadocio and selected anecdotes, and self-aggrandizing, but at least it's fun. No one is willing to say anything out of order until they retire. If folks have noticed, even Davies has radically toned down his social media presence (which was in part him trying to leverage more engagement for Jordyn), mostly because agents and clubs are telling players to shut up and not do anything unless its strictly "managed".

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 8:45 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Elite players are multi-million dollar entities, they have lawyers, agents, they have to be extremely careful of their value (and their health). So the fact they learn to speak this way is probably a virtue. It did not used to be like this, as you know, so incredibly boring. Even coaches rarely say things illuminating, even Guardiola and Mourinho are old farts now.

In fact, you used to run into elite players and chat with them, now they go eat in the private reserves because they don't want any pics of themselves licking a knife and such. 

In the 90s and even into the early 2000 I ran into Barça (and Espanyol) players at clubs, I even saw them on the street, I saw Zubizarreta, Cruyff, David Villa, Puyol... I haven't seen anyone for years now. Anyone in Vancouver will confirm that it is also the case with Whitecaps players, who were more accessible even 6-8 years ago, 15 years ago you'd see them everywhere near downtown Vancouver (last I saw was Nerwinski strolling with his girlfriend).

Nowadays all the interesting content is from the former players and managers on the podcasts, its all braggadocio and selected anecdotes, and self-aggrandizing, but at least it's fun. No one is willing to say anything out of order until they retire. If folks have noticed, even Davies has radically toned down his social media presence (which was in part him trying to leverage more engagement for Jordyn), mostly because agents and clubs are telling players to shut up and not do anything unless its strictly "managed".

Managed or monetized?

I knew that Inter were running away with the title, but I didn't realize just how dominant they were in Serie A this season. 24 wins, 5 draws, and only 1 loss. 73 goals for (next highest is 57) with only 14 goals against (next lowest is 24) in 30 matches. Their goal difference of +59 is more than twice as good as the next team (+23).

The Serie A record for points in a season is 102. If they somehow manage to win their remaining 8 matches they would set the record by 1 point, but any draw or loss means they cannot set (or tie) the record. I wonder if Inzaghi will push his team for the record as long as possible, especially since they are out of Europe? That would obviously limit Tajon's chances at making an appearance.

1 hour ago, Ruud said:

Managed or monetized?

Either or both I'd say.

I'm pretty sure Davies was that active to help Jordyn, because at PSG she was probably making 60-80k euros. But it didn't benefit him much, and some of the stuff he did was contradictory, being an official ambassador of the UNHCR.

34 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I knew that Inter were running away with the title, but I didn't realize just how dominant they were in Serie A this season. 24 wins, 5 draws, and only 1 loss. 73 goals for (next highest is 57) with only 14 goals against (next lowest is 24) in 30 matches. Their goal difference of +59 is more than twice as good as the next team (+23).

The Serie A record for points in a season is 102. If they somehow manage to win their remaining 8 matches they would set the record by 1 point, but any draw or loss means they cannot set (or tie) the record. I wonder if Inzaghi will push his team for the record as long as possible, especially since they are out of Europe? That would obviously limit Tajon's chances at making an appearance.

Judging from the evidence, it appears Inzaghi is all in going for the record.  Every 11 and sub leans towards that assumption.  He's ripped the break pedal off his machine.  Not gonna help our buddy, unless they're up by 3 goals+.