Tajon Buchanan

nolando

4 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Marcus Thuram trying his best to ensure this goes to PKs

Is he a good player, or still a project? I am really not sure as Inter dominate so clearly in Serie A it is hard to tell.

Yesterday Napoli left Barça off the hook a few times with poor finishing, we were not necessarily lucky, but they were not clinical.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Is he a good player, or still a project? I am really not sure as Inter dominate so clearly in Serie A it is hard to tell.

He is inconsistent, but I am surprised he hasn’t been replaced. Maybe he is a good pk taker

And he just grabbed some Madrid testicles

Edited by Gian-Luca

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So it's six in extra periods in CL knockouts? I did not know.

Yeah, I believe they are supposed to get one extra in extra time but assuming only one window, so it will have to be at the half if it is to happen 

Edited by Gian-Luca

16 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

CBS is just for English teams and their fans, the whole set up as a program supposedly about the Champions League is totally provincial. 

The other day they were whining about not getting their tv award and losing to Inside the NBA, which does have its strong team biases and all, but at least it is about the entire league and players represent a diversity of opinions. The CBS Champions programme is poor in comparison.

It's more because an earlier DST over here puts match 1 hour later. That means CBS affliates will scream that their local news is being bumped for soccer. CBS/P+ also holds rights to Serie A and P+ is Inter's front-of-shirt sponsor.

American sports media pundits think CBS Champions League studio show is the closest to be on par with Inside the NBA. From yesterday's Athletic:

The studio show of the moment that comes closest to emulating that same free-wheeling nature and engagement is CBS Sports and Paramount+’s “UEFA Champions League Today.”

Henry: We are a show that a lot of people talk about. What’s ironic is it’s a show in the U.S. and everybody talks about it in Europe. 

https://theathletic.com/5312118/2024/03/12/uefa-champions-league-today-thierry-henry-future/

17 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Ok, I guess they do have two extra time windows, a shame they didn’t use the second on Tajon

I was on my way home and missed some of the game but did they make subs at breaks: halftime, end of normal time and half-time in extra time. 

Because those don't count as windows. 

Edit: Looking at the subs it was just that they didn't use all their "opportunities" during normal time. And they are allowed to use their last one and then add the one for extra time. 4 total. 

Sorry if I am catching up.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

What is TNT, with Hoddle? Is that the British CL feed?

The commentator, which I think is Hoddle, calls an Atlético player Debray (Memphis Depay) I think he must have confused with French philosopher Regis Debray.

These commentators are so high brow. I love to listen to Hoddle explain how he put together his England teams.

Joe Cole is a lot better, he's smart, and balanced, but I think they consider him too low key.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist