Tajon Buchanan

nolando

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I'm not at all convinced this move was a good idea yet

Hate to say it, but I think you're right. As much as it's incredible to see a Canadian at Inter, it's becoming clear his role is more as a depth, depth piece. I hope he actually gets a start and decent minutes soon. 

Did we really expect him to walk into the starting lineup of one of the best clubs in the world?   For me he was always going to have to fight like hell for playing time.  And that is exactly the kind of challenging environment we always say we want for our best players.  Now he has gotten that kind of move - let’s not write it off after a month or two.  If he hasn’t made progress this time next year we can chat about the wisdom of the move.  But for now I am still 100% behind it.  

4 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Hate to say it, but I think you're right. As much as it's incredible to see a Canadian at Inter, it's becoming clear his role is more as a depth, depth piece. I hope he actually gets a start and decent minutes soon. 

Hopefully it's for next season...

Dumfries and Darmian's  contracts will have a year left come the summer and Darmian is not get any younger.

1 hour ago, Canuckia said:

I have to disagree with you there. At worst, he is getting world class training everyday

Absolutely, but is that better than where he was if he's nailed to the bench the whole time? He started against teams like Atletico Madrid, Porto, Leverkusen, Benfica and the big Belgium teams last season. That was at least fun to watch. My opinion might be different if he was even second choice.

I hope I'm wrong. Things can change quickly 

Edited by Aird25

15 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Hopefully it's for next season...

Dumfries and Darmian's  contracts will have a year left come the summer and Darmian is not get any younger.

and Carlos Augusto the LWB/LCB is on loan from Monza to the end of this season. It's likely that at least 2 of the players ahead of Tajon will not return next season. 

16 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Absolutely, but is that better than where he was if he's nailed to the bench the whole time? He started against teams like Atletico Madrid, Porto, Leverkusen, Benfica and the big Belgium teams last season. That was at least fun to watch. My opinion might be different if he was even second choice.

I hope I'm wrong. Things can change quickly 

Good point. I have a feeling there will be a lot of movement at Inter in the summer. They are cash strapped and are very deep in talent. I hope that either makes room for him or gets him another big move. Either way, I can't help feeling that this is an important experience for him.

I also thought he'd get more minutes vs lesser rivals and so far ahead in the league. Inzaghi seems focused on keeping them game sharp for Champions, like with Alexis getting more minutes. If they relax in the league they'd relax in Europe and they're not into quarters yet.

His role, with so many players ahead of him, has little to do with making a decisive contribution.

This week's Champions matches with Inter, Porto, are going to be exciting.

Aren't Inter chasing the best season record in Serie A history or something along those lines? I know that such records are relatively trivial compared to winning trophies and all that, but whoever they're actually putting on the pitch every week is clearly working very well, so I don't know that they'd either want to mess that up or take their foot off the gas and start resting players.

I do understand them not playing him in Champions League if they don't play him during the regular season, but it's a bit funny how he was bought in part because of how good he looked in the CL against Atletico Madrid, but now that he's here, he's not good enough to see the pitch. Won't get worried until next season, but it's a drag that he came onboard at a time where he wasn't really needed. I wonder if things would've been different if he moved at the start of the season as was planned instead of now.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I also thought he'd get more minutes vs lesser rivals and so far ahead in the league. Inzaghi seems focused on keeping them game sharp for Champions, like with Alexis getting more minutes. If they relax in the league they'd relax in Europe and they're not into quarters yet.

His role, with so many players ahead of him, has little to do with making a decisive contribution.

This week's Champions matches with Inter, Porto, are going to be exciting.

This is what I was thinking too. You want to keep everything ticking along and you don't want to take your foot off the pedal while there is Champions League to play for. 

9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

This is what I was thinking too. You want to keep everything ticking along and you don't want to take your foot off the pedal while there is Champions League to play for. 

Atletico de Madrid their rival this week have done just the opposite, blowing league games with their mind on Champions. And Atletico is 4th place in the league with no certainly of holding. 

Mind you, Atlético are proving they lack depth. They were soundly beaten in the Cup too. The other theory says rotate if you can because otherwise you'll slip.

I won't complain too much because Tajon has at least appeared and done well.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Atletico de Madrid their rival this week have done just the opposite, blowing league games with their mind on Champions. And Atletico is 4th place in the league with no certainly of holding. 

Mind you, Atlético are proving they lack depth. They were soundly beaten in the Cup too. The other theory says rotate if you can because otherwise you'll slip.

I won't complain too much because Tajon has at least appeared and done well.

I suppose that is a matter of keeping players fresh for the sake of injury. If you keep reusing the same players you risk them breaking down, especially those which are injury prone.

That said, it's not like Inzaghi isn't using his bench. He is rotating things a little bit. Bisseck the German I mentioned before seems to have back-to-back starts now, but has only played 13 games in the league, I believe. Klassen (I believe his name) the veteran Dutch midfielder they got from Ajax seems to get into games as a sub, as does Alexis as you mentioned.

As long as they are in Champions League I don't expect a heavily rotated starting 11.

On 3/9/2024 at 9:02 AM, Canuckia said:

I have to disagree with you there. At worst, he is getting world class training everyday

And learning, and he seems to be a sponge and is likely soaking it all in: the tactical understanding, the decision making, the game management.  And...the compete level against guys who you want to supplant.  I still see him as a work in progress more than others here do so, for the conclusion of this season, these are all valuable experiences.  

Edited by BearcatSA

11 hours ago, Treppy2 said:

He’s not mentioned, but there’s a photo of Tajon celebrating with the team after Saturday’s win in this interesting article about Inter: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/11/inzaghi-innovations-inter-serie-a-bologna

Reading that article, it seems like Inter & the way Inzaghi wants the team to play is ideal for Tajon. Guess we have to wait till nxt season and hope that Inter move some of their wingbacks.

2 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I'm kind of worried he goes into the T&T game cold. His quality should be enough for him to handle things, but he hasn't played a full game in forever. 

Yup. It's a very reasonable concern. Eustaquio the same.

12 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I'm kind of worried he goes into the T&T game cold. His quality should be enough for him to handle things, but he hasn't played a full game in forever. 

He looked pretty good in his two cameos, plus he’s practicing against way better players than almost everyone in our pool plays real games against. Can’t replace actual game time, but I think he’ll be fine. Realistically, he shouldn’t have to play the full game- start and sub him off after around 60 minutes once we have the game hopefully locked up. 

Edited by InglewoodJack