Tajon Buchanan

nolando

So I am saved from having to worry about facing Canadians in Champions League...

But really: Inter let that go. If you are that dominant in your league, you have to put paid to a lesser rival. It is a bit the same with Arsenal, who also needed penalties vs. Porto, but they made it through. As I see it, if you are better team, you have to solve the lesser rivals in regular time and not have to rely on a shootout. Both Arsenal and Inter played with fire. 

I don't feel badly for Tajon, because I am not sure his coach was that interested in playing him in Champions regardless, and if they'd made it to quarter finals, it could have been worse.

Nice quarterfinalists: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atlético Madrid, Arsenal, City, PSG, Bayern Munich, Dortmund. It think any team can play any, no restrictions in quarter finals and they draw the path to the final as well.

No Italian teams. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

A bit late commenting because I was watching on my non-multi-tasking phone but isn’t grabbing someone by the dick and squeezing until he drops to the ground a VAR reviewable offence?  And if not, it seems like it should be.  

I don't think the images were clear, all we saw was the back of the Atlético player so you just had to guess what happened. Still, in critical moments in these matches there is gamesmanship and you have to not fall for it as a ref, as you'd leave teams without players for critical knockout stages. 

I think there is not one player sanctioned for quarter finals, maybe I am wrong. I like that kind of "looser" reffing in these situations.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Our theory has been that Inzaghi rolls out the same starters domestically to keep them sharp for Champions League. 

Now that Inter are finished in Champions League, we'll see if Tajon gets more looks.

Exactly. But depends how he understands all that.

In the end he blew it, he did not go for the game and got scared, they played like the lesser team for the last hour.

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

You blocking out Bayern? Probably understandable considering. 

Sorry, it is late and I'm tired, was thinking of yesterday and today.

Would love to see Davies in Europe live, have not seen him play since the Whitecaps.

I would not mind Bayern, in fact I think of the field Barça could have their chances against most even though I would put us as 5-6th favourite.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Maybe Tajon should have gone to Atletico instead :D

Maybe, he was rumoured to go there last September.

Crazy really because Atlético has not been playing great, in the last three weeks drew vs. Almería the bottom dweller and lost to Cadíz who are also in relegation, got knocked out of the Cup. Biggest match and win in 2 months.

I just realized Bayern was here in 2022 in the group stage, beat us, don't think I went though...Davies had a clear penalty on Dembele they did not call, rather scandalous error from the VAR crew.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Our theory may just be correct. No more UCL = more minutes for Tajon and the rest of the Inter players who've had to play a reserve role throughout the season.

As cool as it would be for Inter to go deeper, more Serie A minutes for Buchanan is probably the better scenario for Canada.