Charles-Andres Brym

Vince193

2 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Brym wasn’t a part of that first window, so it definitely wasn’t the Honduras home game. You’re probably thinking of Jamaica away, where he was once again brought on in the final minutes. That one really did not go over well after the lackadaisical display a few days earlier against Mexico.

In my mind it was the game he got a yellow card where people were actually somewhat happy about it.  Which one was that?

23 hours ago, HochelagaFC said:

He was also pretty bad during the olympic qualifiers. It was hard to see what where is qualities. That was my first impression. 

Hard to argue against his form right now but it still remains to be seen if he can replicate it at a better level.

Yeah, me too. I feel like he just looked disinterested, jogging around a little bit in Olympic qualifiers, and then again his first appearance or 2 for the senior team. I hope I am remembering the right guy in the Olympic qualifiers. In those days I think I still easily got Bair and Brym confused (I don't know if Bair was on that team or not). Curse of the similarish name, like Will Johnson and Josh Simpson I always got confused back in the day.

9 hours ago, Kent said:

Yeah, me too. I feel like he just looked disinterested, jogging around a little bit in Olympic qualifiers, and then again his first appearance or 2 for the senior team. I hope I am remembering the right guy in the Olympic qualifiers. In those days I think I still easily got Bair and Brym confused (I don't know if Bair was on that team or not). Curse of the similarish name, like Will Johnson and Josh Simpson I always got confused back in the day.

I think they were both there at Olympic qualifiers. I remember calling them "The Invisible B's" lol.

37 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

I think they were both there at Olympic qualifiers. I remember calling them "The Invisible B's" lol.

Adding Baldissimo to that list as well.  All three were absent, most of the team was pretty unintristed but those three really stood out.  

I think it was Tajon, Tabla and one other who seemed like the only ones that showed up to play.  Expected so much more from that tournament.

3 hours ago, costarg said:

Adding Baldissimo to that list as well.  All three were absent, most of the team was pretty unintristed but those three really stood out.  

I think it was Tajon, Tabla and one other who seemed like the only ones that showed up to play.  Expected so much more from that tournament.

I'd say Cornelius and Godinho were good as well.

5 hours ago, Ivan said:

I'd say Cornelius and Godinho were good as well.

Tajon was the man.  Cornelius was very good in the centre of the back three, then returned to Vancouver to be a back up to Andy "Coach on the Field" Rose, and others, before being exiled to Greece.  Godinho did well on his wrong side at LWB.

The rest were what Bob McCown would have called "just another guy" types, including Brault Guillard, who had a quiet tourney.

Edited by BearcatSA

I think it’d be interesting to see what a u23 squad would look like right now, if you look back at the old squad this one would look a lot better.

assuming it’s 2001 and under I think it’d be

GK:

1.Sirois- CFM

2.Bohemer- Vancouver Whitecaps

3.Goodman-Crystal Palace

CB

1.Smith-Quevilly

2.Campagna-Vancouver Whitecaps

3.Knight Lebel-Bristol City u23

4.Stefanovic-TFC2

LB:

1.Franklin-TFC

RB:

1.Sigur-Hajduk Split

2.Thompson-TFC

CM

1.Kone-Watford “C”

2.Loturi-Ross county

3.Colyn-Jong PSV

4.Saliba-CFM

5.Priso-Colorado Rapids

6.Zouhir-CFM

LW

1.Nelson-Rosenberg 

RW

1.JMR-TFC

2.Corbeanu-Wolves

CF

1.Russell-Rowe-Columbus Crew

2.Kerr-TFC

3.Merci Michel-Vitoria B

CM/CF/LW/RW

1.Rea-CFM

Disagree strongly @Jack1997, especially if you’re using “senior” players.

Last tournament guys like Davies*, David*, Millar, Priso, Fraser, Paton, St. Clair, Kennedy, Miller, Corbeanu, Shaffelburg, Johnston, were are all eligible last tournament and majority were playing substantial first team minutes but we’re not released for various reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know why Brym wasn’t in the FC Eindhoven squad today?  He has been starting every game (and doing well) so was wondering if it was an injury or if he would ever have been recalled to Sparta Rotterdam.  

EDIT:  looks like they may have clinched a playoff spot last week so maybe a rest…? 

Edited by dyslexic nam

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Anyone know why Brym wasn’t in the FC Eindhoven squad today?  He has been starting every game (and doing well) so was wondering if it was an injury or if he would ever have been recalled to Sparta Rotterdam.  

EDIT:  looks like they may have clinched a playoff spot last week so maybe a rest…? 

Translates to “not match fit”

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

Bruh he got subbed off in their promo playoff and then Almere scored and came back and won the tie.

RIP in Peace Eindhoven.

Ya, they subbed him out at 90+1' and the opponent, Almere scored at 90+4' to tie things up on aggregate. Then they scored again at the 109th minuted. :(

His season is over.

I hope he plays in the First Division next year.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Seems some fans are a confused as it was apparently announced he would spend the entire camp with Sparta and now he'll be spraying bangers for us🤷‍♂️

Could have been a last minute addition. Maybe we were holding out for Jebbo and he wasn't ready yet or Ugbo wanted to sort his club future?

25 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Seems some fans are a confused as it was apparently announced he would spend the entire camp with Sparta and now he'll be spraying bangers for us🤷‍♂️

Uh oh I hope this doesn't hurt his roster chances.