Charles-Andres Brym

Vince193

On 3/16/2023 at 4:18 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

If anybody shows up to BMO Field with a well designed and big "The Brym Reaper" sign or banner, with his face on a Grim Reaper, I will give you $40 cash for your time and effort.

reaper-death.jpg

⬆️ For family reason I had to cancel my trip to Toronto to go to the match but the offer still stands.

If anyone sees a Brym Reaper sign or banner, please post a pic.

37 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The narrative is going to swiftly change the moment he returns from loan and starts playing for Sparta Rotterdam.

I think I'd like to see him refuse a loan next season. Or only loan to an Eredivisie club. You have to take your chances if you believe in yourself. Sparta isn't that big of a club, though they're doing well this year and have a decent goal scoring rate. So they may not feel they need him, fair, but he needs to have that chance to step into a higher level.

16 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think I'd like to see him refuse a loan next season. Or only loan to an Eredivisie club. You have to take your chances if you believe in yourself. Sparta isn't that big of a club, though they're doing well this year and have a decent goal scoring rate. So they may not feel they need him, fair, but he needs to have that chance to step into a higher level.

I’d be genuinely curious to hear of success stories where players have turned down a loan and then broke into their first team that season. Going against the will of your parent club is generally a death sentence and if they want you loaned out it’s because you’re not in their plans at that time/they want you playing elsewhere. 

Scored a 2nd goal to put Eindhoven up 3-2.  Provided the assist to put Eindhoven up 4-2 against the league leaders.

Nice to see him score a brace and provide an assist against an Eredivisie level opponent.  PEC Zwolle are historically a Eredivisie side and will almost certainly gain automatic promotion this season as well.

Edited by Corazon

17 hours ago, Corazon said:

Scored a 2nd goal to put Eindhoven up 3-2.  Provided the assist to put Eindhoven up 4-2 against the league leaders.

Nice to see him score a brace and provide an assist against an Eredivisie level opponent.  PEC Zwolle are historically a Eredivisie side and will almost certainly gain automatic promotion this season as well.

Also had a hockey assist on the 2-1 goal with a nice ball over the top. Kind of a wild game but Brym was in the middle of all of the good stuff. 

"Brym op de brommer" = Brym on the motorbike/scooter

Big night for the Brym Reaper. He's ahead of Ugbo, for me.

7 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Big night for the Brym Reaper. He's ahead of Ugbo, for me.

One of the reasons I am really hoping Brym gets moved into the Eredivise (or another decent European first division) is because it is hard to peg his performances in his current league against someone like Ugbo who can’t get on the field for a team facing relegation - but in a much, much stronger league.

Put Ugbo in the Dutch 2nd tier and it is entirely possible that he would be putting up some impressive numbers.  

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

One of the reasons I am really hoping Brym gets moved into the Eredivise (or another decent European first division) is because it is hard to peg his performances in his current league against someone like Ugbo who can’t get on the field for a team facing relegation - but in a much, much stronger league.

Put Ugbo in the Dutch 2nd tier and it is entirely possible that he would be putting up some impressive numbers.  

Luckily we don’t need to as he already played there as a 20/21 year old. 13 goals in 28 appearances. He also produced in the Belgian league at a similar pace whereas Brym couldn’t get a sniff in the same season. They’re the same age. Glad to see Brym doing well but he’s not ahead of Ugbo, which is what we saw with the World Cup selection as well.

Edited by CanadaFan123

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Thing with Brym is he's not just a forward, he is also a winger. 
So I don't believe you should be looked at it as "Ugbo over Brym", but you have to throw in Millar and Cavallini's name into that. 

Based on current and past form, those names it would be Brym, Ugbo, Cavallini, Millar - in that order for me.

46 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

If we were playing the Nations league final tomorrow there's no way I play Brym over Cavallini or Ugbo.

What has Ugbo done in the last 2 years to suggest he belongs on the field for Canada in a big game? Cavallini, sure. Of course if we're playing the final none of these players are getting on the pitch for an important minute.

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

What has Ugbo done in the last 2 years to suggest he belongs on the field for Canada in a big game? Cavallini, sure. Of course if we're playing the final none of these players are getting on the pitch for an important minute.

That’s not the point though is it. It’s who you would rather choose and it’s clearly Ugbo. Brym has done nothing at the national team level either.