Harry Paton

Fullback

3 hours ago, VinceA said:

If he doesn't come to the GC I don't think we ever see him again simply because WCQ won't be a proving ground for guys like him and the MLS CM youngsters all probably have higher ceilings and will be at the GC most likely.

So if Canada calls I think he accepts.

This is it. Considering he’s been on the radar, I’m sure the coaches want to have a look at him, as we most definitely will want to increase our depth in the likes of pleasant surprises like Kennedy.

I also think that playing for Canada will boost his stock, which would also be good for Ross County who have zero international players. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

After getting his first call-up to the Gold Cup now: Anyone else rate him higher than Baldisimo, Priso, Choiniere? Canadian MLS Filler players

Paton is a SPFL Starter

Hope he gets minutes enough and surprises a few people. He has more minutes in the SPL just last season than Baldy and Priso's career totals together in the MLS. He also has solid ratings and reviews for Ross County. Gold Cup could be big for him if he makes an impact. 

Think it’s harsh to call Baldisimo and Priso in particular “filler” players, the former is only 21 and usually offers something for the Caps that no other midfielder on the team does. Priso is still a teenager so it seems way too premature to put that tag on him. I have only seen YouTube video of 23 year old Paton and he doesn’t seem to be the same kind of a midfield player as either Ralph or Baldy, as he seems more of a #10, which might make him more valuable for Canada at the moment as we have few players playing in such a role right now for their clubs

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Lansdude said:

Paton (Ross) vs. Arfield (Rangers) today in the match of the Canadian left-behinds.

This game ended with a 3-3 tie.

Both Paton and Arfield started.  Paton subbed off on 57' and Arfield off on 90'.

So,the guessing that one factor of Arfield's not coming was injury has been proven wrong. He is fit as a bull, and he is not coming. End of story.

14 minutes ago, lamptern said:

This game ended with a 3-3 tie.

Both Paton and Arfield started.  Paton subbed off on 57' and Arfield off on 90'.

So,the guessing that one factor of Arfield's not coming was injury has been proven wrong. He is fit as a bull, and he is not coming. End of story.

He was injured though? Not in training either.

First half saw several duals between Arfield and Paton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like to see Paton take a step up. Playing time is good and all, but he's going on (or already is) 24 and should be testing himself at a better club if he has National Team aspirations. 

May I suggest Aberdeen? More European silverware than Rangers, as @Unnamed Trialistpointed out in the Arfield thread.