Harry Paton

Fullback

Has signed with Ross County of the Scottish Championship today. 

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/harry-paton-joins-ross-county/

• 1998 born CM with good skills on the ball
  • Developed at Kitchener SC
  • Moved to England to play in Fulham FC academy
  • Moved to Hearts in Soctland
  • Went on loan to Stenhousemuir for 2017-18 season where he was named in Scottish League Two Team of the Season
Edited by Fullback

He was part of the 2015 Concacaf U-17 Championship squad as well.

Ross County are newly relegated from the Scottish Premiership, so he surely won't be walking into the XI, but hopefully he gets his fair shake in the Championship after a stellar season in League Two.

• 2 months later...

Consistent game time, disappointing level but the former trumps the later with consideration to where he would be playing anyway at Ross county.

Still a bit disappointing if not puzzling they wouldn't want to use him given how good a season he had last year and the fact they dropped down a division. Maybe they are stocked in midfield.

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, jordan said:

The end of the article mentions the game that was played earlier today.

Paton started for Ross County and Millar started for Kilmarnock.

I wonder if they chatted U-23 qualifying?

If Paton is allowed to go, so can Millar right?

23 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The end of the article mentions the game that was played earlier today.

Paton started for Ross County and Millar started for Kilmarnock.

I wonder if they chatted U-23 qualifying?

If Paton is allowed to go, so can Millar right?

Depends on Kilmarnock releasing him and on Liam's situation.  I'd love to see Liam and would be a great opportunity for him to get his scoring touch going, he'll have to decide whether leaving might cost him playing time/starting opportunities with Kilmarnock at this early stage of his career.

• 5 months later...

With all the turmoil in Scottish football and clubs releasing scores of players it seems Harry has signed an extension with Ross County:

Veteran defender Richard Foster is one of 14 players released by Ross County following the end of the Premiership season.

First-team players Sean Kelly, Lewis Spence and Declan McManus will also leave the Highland club when their contracts expire in the coming weeks.

Academy prospects Tommy Dixon-Hodge, Jack Murray, James Wallace, Declan Hughes, Joel MacBeath, Gregor MacDonald, Jack Grant, Thomas Brady, Tom Kelly and Ruari Fraser have also been let go.

Centre-back Tim Grovosti and midfielder Harry Paton have put pen to paper on new deals, while club captain Marcus Fraser and defender Callum Morris have been offered new contracts.

ADVERT

Co-managers Stuart Kettlewell and Steven Ferguson said in a statement: “Firstly, we thank Lewis, Sean, Declan and Richard for their service to the club.

“We wish them further success in their football careers, and they will always be warmly welcomed back to the club for their contributions in their time here.

“It is with regret that we have to let a number of our younger players go.”

The Staggies safety was secured after the top-flight campaign was brought to a premature end last week.

• 2 months later...

Just an update based on some internet work

His team has started this SPL season well, winning 2 from 2.  He started in both. Went 65' the first game and 79' in the second.  

Going just by highlights, it looks like he was starting with some license to get forward and then either pulled back or replaced when they were trying to protect a lead. 

He drew the winning penalty in the first game with a decent run and okay header in the box and should have had an assist in the second game if his teammate finished better. 

Look for #24 in these. 

Also a local Scottish paper piece about him want to play in the Olympics for us written between the two games.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/2392588/harry-paton-hopes-ross-county-form-keeps-him-on-radar-for-canada-olympics-spot/

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Has been playing as the AM in Ross County's very narrow 4231, where all the members of the '3' rotate and interchange. Paton does appear to be the outlet, receiving lots of balls in between the lines. Probably should have had an assist in the first half.

Overall a good performance for Harry and looks to be a key player for Ross County this year.

It wasn't until about half way through the first video that I realized it wasn't a personalized highlight video and actually captured the whole game.  He was that involved!  I was thinking to myself, why are they showing Motherwell getting a chance on goal, is Harry Paton going to fly out of nowhere to intercept it?

A few years ago I was reading the fans forum for Stenhousemuir after his first season there.The fans were very high on him ('wee superstar' in the words of one poster), with some suggesting that he was not only the best player on the team but possibly the best player in the league. I didn't take it too seriously at the time as it was only the Scottish League Two but it's good to see that he's managed to progress through all levels of Scottish football and he's still an impact player. Looks like he may have that extra gear to move up another level.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Norrin Radd said:

Do you know what position he has been playing? The lineups usually have him listed as playing on the right but in the few highlights that I've seen it looked like he was on the left.

I was watching three games today but he was all across the slightly more advanced midfield when I saw him.