Harry Paton

Fullback

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I’m curious, does he play similar to Arfield’s style ? I haven’t really see him play. 

Haven't seen too much of him, but that's probably a good comparison. Not as good as Arfield though, obviously, nor do I think his ceiling is as high. He's recently played a few games at CAM, but is thought of more as a no. 8 or 6. Arfield use to be a winger and so I suspect he has some attacking instincts that Paton probably doesn't have, but this is basically me spit balling from watching less than 5 of his total games and relying on highlights or heresay.

Curious to hear what others have to say that've watched him more regularly. 

23 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Haven't seen too much of him, but that's probably a good comparison. Not as good as Arfield though, obviously, nor do I think his ceiling is as high. He's recently played a few games at CAM, but is thought of more as a no. 8 or 6. Arfield use to be a winger and so I suspect he has some attacking instincts that Paton probably doesn't have, but this is basically me spit balling from watching less than 5 of his total games and relying on highlights or heresay.

Curious to hear what others have to say that've watched him more regularly. 

I watched him in at least 4 games this season, and I’ll say the player that best describes him…..Russell Teibert.

I couldn’t figure out what he does best, but he’s definitely a box to box midfielder, has a high work rate, and is willing to get stuck in.

It’ll really be hard for him to move up in the SPFL imo, because of what I mentioned. I feel another countries top flight or even if he could get in the English championship but again that’s a tough ask with all things considered. 

Will be interesting where he’ll end up. 

3 minutes ago, Shway said:

I watched him in at least 4 games this season, and I’ll say the player that best describes him…..Russell Teibert.

I couldn’t figure out what he does best, but he’s definitely a box to box midfielder, has a high work rate, and is willing to get stuck in.

It’ll really be hard for him to move up in the SPFL imo, because of what I mentioned. I feel another countries top flight or even if he could get in the English championship but again that’s a tough ask with all things considered. 

Will be interesting where he’ll end up. 

Oh god no, I hope your wrong

32 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Oh god no, I hope your wrong

You know, Russ Teibert is no star, but let's be clear - at age 29, he's made 264 appearances for the Caps, most of them as a starter, and that's a pretty decent career.  If Harry Paton can manage anything close to that in the SPL or MLS by the time he's 29, that will be alright.  Not spectacular, but alright.

1 hour ago, GasPed said:

You know, Russ Teibert is no star, but let's be clear - at age 29, he's made 264 appearances for the Caps, most of them as a starter, and that's a pretty decent career.  If Harry Paton can manage anything close to that in the SPL or MLS by the time he's 29, that will be alright.  Not spectacular, but alright.

Russ Teibert wouldn’t be able to get a job on any other MLS team. He’s not very good player on a even worse team. 

5 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Russ Teibert wouldn’t be able to get a job on any other MLS team. He’s not very good player on a even worse team. 

Yeah I think it's really ironic that these past years he's been playing more than ever for Vancouver but he's also never been farther away from the national team program.

Saw Teibert live recently. He looked pretty good to me. I think he gets a little under appreciated. I don't see him getting back into the national team, but if we ever get short and there's nobody else we want to blood (Kone for instance), I wouldn't mind bringing him in to do a job. He's mobile, good in possession, and runs his socks off. 

Just now, El Hombre said:

Link doesn't work for me, but I bet that website is fire AF.

Frank Stapleton and Mark Hughes, dont think you knew them and what great players they were at their prime.  Paton could be your Paul Scholes

4 hours ago, shermanator said:

Keep in mind Paton was in Scottish court in the fall on domestic abuse charges. Not sure what happened with the charges, but that could affect his options...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/crime-courts/3475178/exclusive-premiership-footballer-accused-of-assaulting-and-abusing-ex-partner/

Behind a paywall. Never heard of this though.

edit: found the story elsewhere. If true, not sure that's the kind of person you'd want in the national team setup...

Edited by frmr

21 minutes ago, frmr said:

Behind a paywall. Never heard of this though.

edit: found the story elsewhere. If true, not sure that's the kind of person you'd want in the national team setup...

If so, he's probably getting time in prison, no? That would take care of it all on it's own. 

Just now, frmr said:

Lol yeah, fair point.

We never know the situation...in the meantime nobody is guilty .  innocence is the status

Just now, El Hombre said:

Link doesn't work for me, but I bet that website is fire AF.

Frank Stapleton and Mark Hughes, dont think you knew them and what great players they were at their prime.  Paton could be your Paul Scholes

Just now, Obinna said:

If so, he's probably getting time in prison, no? That would take care of it all on it's own. 

Is there a lawsuit? 

If not , innocent is the status.  Spain with these cases are Avant-garde about them.  If their testimony is fake, the claimer goes to gaol

9 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

Is there a lawsuit? 

If not , innocent is the status.  Spain with these cases are Avant-garde about them.  If their testimony is fake, the claimer goes to gaol

Maybe Johnny Depp should have sued Amber Heard in Spain.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 1:11 PM, Sal333 said:

Maybe Johnny Depp should have sued Amber Heard in Spain.

Don't trust anything Javier says about Spain, it is all bogus.

Reading that article on Paton, it is not just one incident. Maybe some of the claims would not amount to much on their own (forcing a partner to follow a training schedule), but the sum is a mess and the kid does not sound like someone who is very well.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Don't trust anything Javier says about Spain, it is all bogus.

Reading that article on Paton, it is not just one incident. Maybe some of the claims would not amount to much on their own (forcing a partner to follow a training schedule), but the sum is a mess and the kid does not sound like someone who is very well.

It doesn't sound great but the only physical stuff i see was pushing her out of bed and pinning her to a wall (both of which are assault if proven).

If people are responsible for abuse for this...

"It is claimed he insisted the woman exercise daily “according to his instructions” and also dictated what clothes to wear.

He also allegedly monitored her spending and would throw household items around while arguing with her."

...then half of all men and women in relationships would be in the dock.