Harry Paton

Fullback

On 5/30/2022 at 7:38 PM, Bison44 said:

Cripes I am definitly getting my wife up on charges, she picks my cloths, tells me what to eat.....makes me exercise and takes at least half my paycheque every week.  

Nm

Edited by nolando

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Cripes I am definitly getting my wife up on charges, she picks my cloths, tells me what to eat.....makes me exercise and takes at least half my paycheque every week.  

But she permits you to watch soccer matches so that should make up for most of those transgressions.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, shermanator said:

His trial was scheduled for today, and also it was announced he turned down another contract from Ross County and is now a free agent. So....?

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/harry-paton-quits-ross-county-279243

10 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Cool maybe he can sign with a club on the moon, or perhaps on a deserted island. Send your mans to the Pitcairn Island league 

Interesting. I don't wish bad on any man, and I understand people can make emotional impulsive mistakes. So I won't ridicule someone I don't know, and I'll just say he deserves whatever's coming to him.

What's interesting is that he turned down the deal....does his agent have something lined up for him? Maybe? But considering his circumstances it's pretty darn risky to turn down surety for the unknown.  

Maybe the contract had some stipulations in it that were not worth signing.

11 minutes ago, Shway said:

Interesting. I don't wish bad on any man, and I understand people can make emotional impulsive mistakes. So I won't ridicule someone I don't know, and I'll just say he deserves whatever's coming to him.

I mean, he isn’t being accused of making an impulsive mistake, he’s being accused of a long pattern of abusive towards his ex- that’s not a hot head that made a mistake, that’s a piece of trash who felt he could get away with it. I do agree to at he deserves whatever is coming his way, hope Scotland’s courts do well by his ex.

9 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I mean, he isn’t being accused of making an impulsive mistake, he’s being accused of a long pattern of abusive towards his ex- that’s not a hot head that made a mistake, that’s a piece of trash who felt he could get away with it. I do agree to at he deserves whatever is coming his way, hope Scotland’s courts do well by his ex.

Do tell me the whole story, since you know everything. Matter of fact put the court documents in here while your at so you can validate your open condemnation. 

And don't send me a newspaper article either of one mans opinion. I've seen news outlets alter stories to fit a narrative wayyyyyy to many times for me to take someones thesis paper and formulate an opinion of someone. I'm better than that.

14 minutes ago, Shway said:

Do tell me the whole story, since you know everything. Matter of fact put the court documents in here while your at so you can validate your open condemnation. 

And don't send me a newspaper article either of one mans opinion. I've seen news outlets alter stories to fit a narrative wayyyyyy to many times for me to take someones thesis paper and formulate an opinion of someone. I'm better than that.

Didn’t read this my man but anyways do a quick Google and you can figure it out all on your own

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think you’re being unfair, he’s innocent till proven guilty. A lot of scorned lovers out there for athletes. 

For reference here are the main reported accusations in this article https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/ross-county-fc-player-accused-of-abusing-ex-partner-has-tria-276299/

It is claimed he insisted the woman exercise daily “according to his instructions” and also dictated what clothes to wear.

He also allegedly monitored her spending and would throw household items around while arguing with her.

The charges further alleges that Paton manipulated the woman by repeatedly ending then recommencing his relationship and, on various occasions, insisted she leave their shared Inverness home.

Could be narcissistic behaviour or could be an angry ex. Hard to tell with so little evidence.

12 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

For reference here are the main reported accusations in this article https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/ross-county-fc-player-accused-of-abusing-ex-partner-has-tria-276299/

Could be narcissistic behaviour or could be an angry ex. Hard to tell with so little evidence.

The behaviour you quoted is shitty, but not sure if is illegal/actionable (notwithstanding I don't know about UK law). However, you left out the most serious accusations:

"The Canadian-born footballer is also accused of assaulting his ex-partner to her injury by pinning her against a wall and pushing her out of bed, as well as behaving in a threatening or abusive manner by repeatedly driving a car towards her."

18 minutes ago, El Diego said:

The behaviour you quoted is shitty, but not sure if is illegal/actionable (notwithstanding I don't know about UK law). However, you left out the most serious accusations:

"The Canadian-born footballer is also accused of assaulting his ex-partner to her injury by pinning her against a wall and pushing her out of bed, as well as behaving in a threatening or abusive manner by repeatedly driving a car towards her."

I’m not saying he’s innocent, but you’re eliminating due process by assuming he’s guilty. I think that is a major problem with society now. There are only two people who actually know the truth.

Whether guilty or innocent, it's unfortunate for his soccer career that he's involved in this legal trouble. The best case scenario for Canadian fans is that whatever comes from it doesn't derail what's been a promising career thus far. He could be another useful depth option for next cycle, or possibly even more as the midfield depth is somewhat light in my opinion, but he won't feature for club or country if he's wrapped up in legal problems.

Edited by Obinna

19 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I hate to say it but whether guilty or innocent, I believe he is finished as far as an organization like the CSA is concerned.

Why? If he is innocent why would the CSA be finished with him? Optics? Or are you suggesting a temporary setback like this would push him too far down the depth chart. I mean, he was only on the fringes as best and that was without the off field stuff getting in the way.