Julian Dunn-Johnson

badname22

This signing is even sweeter now that they will be moving up to the top division next season.  Hopefully, they can remain in the there and maintain a good relationship with Canadian players and Canadian teams.  It could be a great stepping stone for many of our young Canadians looking to make it overseas.  I have the same hopes for HB Koge in terms of relationships with Canadians but our National Program is at the point where you need to be playing in a Top European Division or one of the Big 5 2nd divisions.  And even then, depending on timing and position still might not be good enough anymore.

One thing I'm not too worried about but something to keep in mind. Dunn is Jamaica eligible and now that he's in Europe a lot more eyes will be on him on the Reggae Boys forums. If he's playing regularly and Herdman isn't calling there could be a movement for Jamaica to cap him.

Not sure how Dunn feels about a chance to play for the home of his parents.

20 hours ago, VinceA said:

One thing I'm not too worried about but something to keep in mind. Dunn is Jamaica eligible and now that he's in Europe a lot more eyes will be on him on the Reggae Boys forums. If he's playing regularly and Herdman isn't calling there could be a movement for Jamaica to cap him.

Not sure how Dunn feels about a chance to play for the home of his parents.

If Jamaica come calling...means that Canada would be in the picture as well. 
And like I've said in the past, no Canadian boy is going to pick Jamaica over Canada no matter how much Jamaican pride they may have. It doesn't happen. 

Plus Jamaica (no disrespect to Dunn) has way better options to pursue than him. A lot of guys on the RB forum would see it as a disrespect to the local ballas, if Dunn starts getting a look. 

So to sum it up...I'm not worried of losing Dunn to Jamaica.

Edited by Shway

Ayo must be on his way out with a comment like that but that is a bold move by Okello who's contract option was exercised by TFC just a week ago.  Not a good look for either of those players in my opinion.  They should be more professional but it sounds like many of the young Canadians are not holding back their feelings about the club/ownership/management.

Edited by Corazon

Just now, Corazon said:

Ayo must be on his way out with that comment but a bold move by Okello who's contract option was exercised by TFC.  Not a good look for either of those players in my opinion.  They should be more professional but it sounds like many of the young Canadians are not holding back their feelings about Toronto FC.

And Delgado being the good company man calling them out.

29 minutes ago, narduch said:

And Delgado being the good company man calling them out.

Can't wait til Delgado leaves, fully expect him to be there under Bradley though. He is a good pro, so the above sounds harsh, it's just unfortunate his inclusion held Canadians back and I don't think he is a whole lot better than giving the youngsters a chance in a write off season.

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

Ayo must be on his way out with a comment like that but that is a bold move by Okello who's contract option was exercised by TFC just a week ago.  Not a good look for either of those players in my opinion.  They should be more professional but it sounds like many of the young Canadians are not holding back their feelings about the club/ownership/management.

Funny - I read the last line of your post too quickly as: cl/ownership and thought you were being really clever!

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

Maybe Okello didnt want TFC to pick up the option eh?  He prob has been thinking about that rumored transfer to germany (way back when) for years.  

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Crap, I just went through this on another thread...what does no kiap mean?  And if you use an emogi, does it matter what color the cap is?

The internet tells me kiap means know-it-all-people. I couldn't find no kiap. Maybe Okello is telling Ayo not to act like a know-it-all. A guess on my part.

Man these guys aren’t the hockey influenced robots we’ve seen that had trickled down to our past players. 

They are part of the new culture of guys who are changing perspectives. Influencing the style of players we want to consistently produce.

@Dominic94 hits this nail right on the head.

Okello lest we forget was rejected of a move to Wolfsburg. Assuming he was talked into being given a bigger role/playtime that only came after extreme adversity. Makes me wonder where he would be now if he went…

Then Dunn another guy, lest we forget was only given his first ever TFC start in 2018 because the team was going on that CCL run, and needed rotation so he was throw into the Lions den in Houston. Along with several other academy players, draft picks and back ups to back ups - yes you Jason Hernandez. These guys got slapped, and he never appeared again until the end of the 2021 where he played good, got benched and then he got thrown in again in the teams most important game of the year. 

Akinola….same story as mentioned by Dominic. Adversity opportunities/surprise.

We love when these guys have bite, and play with freedom/expressing themselves but hate it when they are telling it how it is or how they are being treated/feel after years of bullshit.

And it’s only going to continue with Manning at the helm, and the Bradley duo with the younger who should be out the door along with his long time friend, but it seems he’s going to have an even greater influence. 

#freetheguys ….Fraser, Akinola, JMR, Nelson, Okello. Free them all, let them go play somewhere else where the real opportunity will be given. 

You’re only as good as your opportunity…..and we still got Delgado at TFC.