Julian Dunn-Johnson

badname22

8 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Nothing important to post other then he looks like he is back to training.  Hopefully he is fully fit.

I knew he was a strong man but he looks like an absolute beast on Toronto FC's latest IG post (3rd picture).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQG5-hptijQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

He looks bigger than Doneil did at 20.

Man I’m hoping one of these young guys like Dunn, Yao, Romeo, Singh, unknown emerge to strengthened our pool/prepare for the future.

Well its funny how things work. I have no doubt had he not got injured Dunn would have got the minutes Singh ended up taking. 

Dunn was one of my highlights of the Island Games. He was primed for a chance this season in the MLS. Real shame for him but a breakout moment for Singh.

I feel like it's an either or situation at TFC and Singh now has the edge. If Dunn isn't going to get a real run of minutes get him back to Valour or elsewhere immediately.

2 hours ago, Shway said:

The reality is, MLS has vastly improved since Henry’s debut.

Nick Garcia, Miguel Aceval, Andy Iro, Marco Velez...it was fairly easy to get minutes. 🤣

You mean Adrian Cann, Nana Attakora, Ty Harden.  TFC has a decent defense for a few years there 2011-2012), knocking on the door, to get to the playoffs.  I dont expect it to be the same, but to be almost 21 and only gotten 1-2 games....they need more to even judge the kid.   Dont make me bring up ZAVS...and how about half his minutes could have gone to DUnn.  At least Romeo got to Denmark, and got 6-8 games a year.  

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

You mean Adrian Cann, Nana Attakora, Ty Harden.  TFC has a decent defense for a few years there 2011-2012), knocking on the door, to get to the playoffs.  I dont expect it to be the same, but to be almost 21 and only gotten 1-2 games....they need more to even judge the kid.   Dont make me bring up ZAVS...and how about half his minutes could have gone to DUnn.  At least Romeo got to Denmark, and got 6-8 games a year.  

Wait what? I assume you mean "had" where you said "has", but that doesn't line up with reality. TFC gave up the most goals in the league in both 2011 and 2012. They were garbage then (my first 2 years of being a season ticket holder!)

10 hours ago, Colliedor said:

I believe Dunn missed most of 2019 due to injury. 2020 was a good way for him to get back some games and fitness.

it's just really unfortunate he got hurt again. At such a young age he's already dealing with injury issues.

Rotten luck.  He looked a real prospect at the Island Games.  Everyone, and I mean everyone in Valour Land would have taken him back for 2021.  Wishful thinking I know 

3 hours ago, Kent said:

Wait what? I assume you mean "had" where you said "has", but that doesn't line up with reality. TFC gave up the most goals in the league in both 2011 and 2012. They were garbage then (my first 2 years of being a season ticket holder!)

AHhh the sweet mellowing of memory.  You are completely correct.  At the time I thought Cann/Attakora were a step up from what we had, and offense was a bigger problem (ie pissed of koevermans and RYan Johnson).  But yeah, it was all a big a dumpster fire...my excuse is maybe my mind has tied to block out the really bad stuff.  PTSD  etc.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw someone tweet earlier today on TFC's page say "Watching Romeo boss the backline for Valour this season and watched Dunn boss the backline for Valour last season and neither can get a sniff at this Toronto lineup.  Singh is terrible, Zavaleta is terrible, Gonzalez is terrible.  

Are Dunn & Romeo that bad?  Or is CPL that far behind MLS where two Toronto FC CB's come in on short term loans and dominate the CPL but can't get a single minute with Toronto FC behind 3 of the worst center backs in the league. 

FYI - I don't believe it's the gap between MLS & CPL.  This is on TFC management.

Edited by Corazon

3 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I saw someone tweet earlier today on TFC's page say "Watching Romeo boss the backline for Valour this season and watched Dunn boss the backline for Valour last season and neither can get a sniff at this Toronto lineup.  Singh is terrible, Zavaleta is terrible, Gonzalez is terrible.  

Are Dunn & Romeo that bad?  Or is CPL that far behind MLS where two Toronto FC CB's come in on short term loans and dominate the CPL but can't get a single minute with Toronto FC behind 3 of the worst center backs in the league.

It’s odd because Singh has gotten a decent run of appearances and at the risk of being uncharitable he’s not even close to being at this level IMO. So it’s not like there is a total refusal to play any young and inexperienced guys.

Edited by Floortom

Just now, Corazon said:

TFC hasn't demonstrated they can rate or develop talent, so I will assume TFC has lost the plot. They will continue to trot out overpaid veterans. 

I get a lot of academy players don't work out all over the world. However this TFC team is old and just plan terrible. Bad form has been rewarded. Why not see if any of the youth can make an impact and be part of the squad for next year? 

I like Morrow. He is solid. I don't need to see him a CB. 

Management needs to be gutted before this team is rebuilt I think. 

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

It’s odd because Singh has gotten a decent run of appearances and at the risk of being uncharitable he’s not even close to being at this level IMO. So it’s not like there is a total refusal to play any young and inexperienced guys.

Young, inexperienced & CANADIAN.  I have always rated Dunn higher and been waiting to see him get an opportunity but it is the same thing with Toronto FC.  Mistake after mistake after mistake from Gonzalez, Singh & Zavaleta.  Add in that Mavinga is injured more than healthy.

Ive seen enough of Singh maybe a CPL level player but not on a good CPL team . Hopefully Dunn gets in a good series of games , he did well in the CPL last season and hopefully he can step up in the MLS . But Singh is not MLS caliber at least not yet, it’s time to give Dunn a chance who was always rated higher than Singh from the start .

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

Really???  Fan of Romeo and Dunn, but I dont remember either stand out like a Zator, Klomp or AJB.  But agree 100%, what do they have to lose when the defense is a shambles??  Sigh has had 5-6 starts, lets give Dunn a couple and see how he does,  

55 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Really???  Fan of Romeo and Dunn, but I dont remember either stand out like a Zator, Klomp or AJB.  But agree 100%, what do they have to lose when the defense is a shambles??  Sigh has had 5-6 starts, lets give Dunn a couple and see how he does,  

1) I never said I was a fan.  I have actually never really been a fan of Romeo but I have been a supporter of Dunn.

2) It is not my quote.  I was quoting a tweet but if you want to respond to the person who wrote it then you can search the tweets under the recent Toronto FC tweets, and you will come across the quote.

3) This has nothing to do with Zator, Klomp or AJB. I have no idea why you brought those players into this.  This is in reference to Toronto FC and their 2 CB's that have had/having successful loan stints in the CPL.  Never once, was this a statement claiming Dunn & Romeo are the best CB's the CPL has ever seen.

Your last sentence is the only point of relevancy and I agree 100%.

Edited by Corazon

Corazon..I know it wasnt your quote etc..I should have quoted the whole thing so it didnt look like it was you said it.  I am the fan, never said you were the fan, I mean i am not slagging them but i didnt think they were "bossing the backline" as the other guy said.  And i referenced 3 guys who I do think are "bossing the backline", to make that point...seems pretty standard.  

On 8/21/2021 at 9:23 PM, Corazon said:

FYI - I don't believe it's the gap between MLS & CPL.  This is on TFC management.

It's a shame TFC's game against York United is still a month away. Maybe when TFC gets beaten by a middle of the table CPL team they may realize that Dunn's experience in CPL is relevant.

On 8/22/2021 at 12:10 AM, Bison44 said:

Corazon..I know it wasnt your quote etc..I should have quoted the whole thing so it didnt look like it was you said it.  I am the fan, never said you were the fan, I mean i am not slagging them but i didnt think they were "bossing the backline" as the other guy said.  And i referenced 3 guys who I do think are "bossing the backline", to make that point...seems pretty standard.  

Would be glad to have Dunn back.  Romeo is growing into it.  It's always obvious when you let players play in their position.  But yeah, echo that.  Bossing isn't the word I'd use to describe either man's time with Valour.

Point still stands though.  Saw the extended highlights from the other night and wow, Singh played his way right off that team in just about 90 minutes.  It looked that BAD.

Hope it was just one of those nights, but if that's what's keeping Dunn off the pitch, well then.

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

Would be glad to have Dunn back.  Romeo is growing into it.  It's always obvious when you let players play in their position.  But yeah, echo that.  Bossing isn't the word I'd use to describe either man's time with Valour.

True, though I think Dunn showed a lot more than we have seen from Romeo so far. Perhaps not a fair comparison as Dunn got to play with AJB for the majority of his games.