Julian Dunn-Johnson

badname22

On 8/21/2021 at 9:22 PM, Bison44 said:

WHat has made much sense with TFC the last few years?

They made MLS Cup final in 2019 and finished second in the Supporters Shield race in 2020 while playing most of the season on the road (before flaming out in the playoffs).

This year has been an unmitigated disaster and there need to be some big changes in order to make 2022 viable, but the tire fire version of the team is an extremely recent thing.

Getting back to Dunn, I'll echo what others are saying here. He has to be better than Singh is right now, and other young players seem to be getting more playing time as the season slips away, so there must be something else going on to explain Dunn's lack of usage.

The seeds of this tire fire were planted the last few years. Altidore, Bradley are shadows of what they were and it was totally predictable that there was going to be a sharp fall off unless they were replaced with comperable talent eventually eh?  The steps needed to shore up defense werent done.  It has just taken awhile for the chickens to come home to roost.  

TFC's development pathway leaves a lot to be desired. I am not sure they really have a plan. I know Dunn was injured earlier in the year but they couldn't find him another team to get minutes at and instead just back to TFC 2? They must not rate him to not even give him minutes with the first team. 

He is 21 and it is a critical age.... these TFC players may have to start getting out of dodge ala Liam Fraser but earlier in their careers. 

15 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

TFC's development pathway leaves a lot to be desired. I am not sure they really have a plan. I know Dunn was injured earlier in the year but they couldn't find him another team to get minutes at and instead just back to TFC 2? They must not rate him to not even give him minutes with the first team. 

He is 21 and it is a critical age.... these TFC players may have to start getting out of dodge ala Liam Fraser but earlier in their careers. 

I would like to see more MLS loans like we saw with Fraser. 

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

I would like to see more MLS loans like we saw with Fraser. 

From what I read Fraser told them he wanted to go to secure his future elsewhere. Onus is still on the players to find a better situation. 

We see how poorly the backline of TFC are, yet these young players like Dunn can't get a sniff. It's puzzling and concerning tbh. 

4 minutes ago, kacbru said:

I still find it hilarious that Fraser is a regular on a mid-table MLS team and a trusted CMNT depth player, but couldn't get minutes at the TFC dumpster fire. 

It is one reason why I don't know if TFC know what they are doing or if they have a real development plan. Several vets have been absolutely horrible and continue to get trotted out. 

Wouldn't they be curious to see Dunn in real games right now to see if he can be of use for next season? Unless they just don't rate him at all. 

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Dunn Johnson could easily be in the Can PL, it’s TFC who won’t loan him there. 

they clearly don’t rate their young CB’s… 

They won't loan him out but they stick him on the pine or in USL L1. CPL or USL Champ is what is needed if he isn't ready for the step up. 

17 minutes ago, Floortom said:

At this point the only answer is that they clearly don’t rate Dunn. If he can’t get minutes for the worst team in MLS who have been a calamity at the back there is no other explanation 

The probably see it as "still having faith in the vets", but it's 6 in one and half-dozen in the other.

55 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Signh goes to make a great point… 25 matches without a goal for Dwyer and Mullins… surely Peruzza is ready and can do better.

heck, where’s Nelsen and Rutty ?

I hope they all stay with TFC II when they play York United, there will be another easy CPL win if Dwyer and Mullins start up top.

17 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

Their pathway is a roundabout… from TFC2 to TFC bench and back.  They never had to worry about development in years past when they had good DP’s and spent double almost everyone else.  The organization needs a complete overhaul.

Very few in mainstream media are (or can be because of their ‘conflict of interest’) critical of them.  It was refreshing to hear Peter Galindo go on a tirade during the last Northern Futbol podcast about not playing any of the kids, Dunn included.  

1 minute ago, TOcanadafan said:

Their pathway is a roundabout… from TFC2 to TFC bench and back.  They never had to worry about development in years past when they had good DP’s and spent double almost everyone else.  The organization needs a complete overhaul.

Very few in mainstream media are (or can be because of their ‘conflict of interest’) critical of them.  It was refreshing to hear Peter Galindo go on a tirade during the last Northern Futbol podcast about not playing any of the kids, Dunn included.  

Kloke and Singh have started to go at them…

36 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

I saw this from Singh on Perez:  “When asked about playing the young players, Perez says that the team still cannot rule out the possibility of making the playoffs. Adds that playing younger players moving forward is also something that the team cannot dismiss.”

What a crock of shit… no plan whatsoever from TFC.

They are not making the playoffs.

It has to drive everyone nuts right?

American MLS teams don't seem to have any issues giving minutes to young CBs while with the Canadian MLS teams it is like pulling teeth.

Montreal is sort of an exception but Miller and Waterman are in their mid twenties now and they loaned out Yao and Ferdinand (who is versatile, granted) to the CPL.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

It has to drive everyone nuts right?

American MLS teams don't seem to have any issues giving minutes to young CBs while with the Canadian MLS teams it is like pulling teeth.

Montreal is sort of an exception but Miller and Waterman are in their mid twenties now and they loaned out Yao and Ferdinand (who is versatile, granted) to the CPL.

MTL is actually trying to develop though, they sent their guys right away.

Choniere also got his chance too.