Julian Dunn-Johnson

badname22

36 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Agreed. You have to see the interview to really have the full context too. If he was specifically asked about the player, of course he’s gonna say good things. He’s not gonna say that he was garbage. If he brought the player up without being specifically asked about him, I’d feel a little more confident that he’s being genuine.

He could just as easily say something middling like “He showed some great promise” or “he had an encouraging outing”, etc. By saying he proved he can play at this level it as though he had no clue about his ability before this (because if he had, it begs the question why he didn’t see the field earlier this season for even a tenth of a second for the team that has the 2nd most goals conceded in the league)

5 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Perez seems to always make these comments about one of the TFC youngsters after he finally plays them in a game, practically making it sound like he had absolutely no idea how good or talented they were prior to the match.

He could have easily said, he was solid, played well but still needs to work on xyz, he is has a good attitude, good kid, blah blah.  Thats what coaches will say...they dont throw them under the bus.  And Perez has never had him in an MLS game, so its not surprising he doesnt really know how good (or bad) Dunn is.  You just dont know who is going to step up and handle the higher level and who is going to crumble until you try them out.   

I thought that Dunn looked good.  He certainly didn’t make any big mistakes and was composed at the back.  From his time last year in the CPL and from this game he appears to be a solid option for TFC.  

They have probably have 3 games left and I’d like to see TFC start him every game to see if they have something for next season. 

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

I thought that Dunn looked good.  He certainly didn’t make any big mistakes and was composed at the back.  From his time last year in the CPL and from this game he appears to be a solid option for TFC.  

They have probably have 3 games left and I’d like to see TFC start him every game to see if they have something for next season. 

That is my assessment as well.  Not spectacular but absolutely competent - which is a good outcome given his age and the level of play.  Definitely want to see more.  

So, looked good in his debut, praised by coach then dropped for the V Cup and unused in their last games when they also sub a CB. F****** joke.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Perez. Club is so rotten at times.

Hope Dunn gets a move, he clearly has potential. Maybe he stinks attitude wise or in training. Bizarre.

Toronto FC needs a top to bottom cleaning.  It has to stop being aging USA FC.

The front office needs to turnover, the coaching staff need to turn over.  Bradley, Altidore and Slowmar have to turn over.  The over the hill “veterans” who don’t contribute have to turn over.  The team is a flaming garbage pile and needs to restart.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

So, looked good in his debut, praised by coach then dropped for the V Cup and unused in their last games when they also sub a CB. F****** joke.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Perez. Club is so rotten at times.

Hope Dunn gets a move, he clearly has potential. Maybe he stinks attitude wise or in training. Bizarre.

It’s nuts, can’t believe the last game of the year and Peruzza didn’t get the start, while singhn and Dunn sat on the bench….

51 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

It’s nuts, can’t believe the last game of the year and Peruzza didn’t get the start, while singhn and Dunn sat on the bench….

Come on Dominic..you've watched TFC this season....I totally believe they didnt start perruza etc etc.  Actually I am surprised Mullins and Deleon didnt start the game.  

17 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Toronto FC needs a top to bottom cleaning.  It has to stop being aging USA FC.

The front office needs to turnover, the coaching staff need to turn over.  Bradley, Altidore and Slowmar have to turn over.  The over the hill “veterans” who don’t contribute have to turn over.  The team is a flaming garbage pile and needs to restart.

I miss Tim Bezbatchenko.

Bezbatchenko has now had three seasons with columbus...won one mls cup and missed the playoffs twice...vanney has missed the playoffs in his first year with the galaxy and fraser took a colorado that was garbage in the previous 5-10 years and got them in the playoffs twice in two years and this year incredibly finish top of the west

32 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Bezbatchenko has now had three seasons with columbus...won one mls cup and missed the playoffs twice...vanney has missed the playoffs in his first year with the galaxy and fraser took a colorado that was garbage in the previous 5-10 years and got them in the playoffs twice in two years and this year incredibly finish top of the west

That Colorado team improved a lot but hey we’re seeing who was the who at the end of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair he got the start in the penultimate league game, looked great, praised all round then dropped for the V-Cup semi, then the last game of the season. Have zero faith Bradley will play all the young Canadians but he is a solid coach. 

We can only hope they are honest and realistic with all the talent they clearly have at TFC. If they aren't going to get minutes they are harming their development and Canada's development. Get the players out on loan, a permanent move or play them. The next TFC coach hire is arguably bigger for Canada than TFC!

25 minutes ago, toontownman said:

To be fair he got the start in the penultimate league game, looked great, praised all round then dropped for the V-Cup semi, then the last game of the season. Have zero faith Bradley will play all the young Canadians but he is a solid coach. 

We can only hope they are honest and realistic with all the talent they clearly have at TFC. If they aren't going to get minutes they are harming their development and Canada's development. Get the players out on loan, a permanent move or play them. The next TFC coach hire is arguably bigger for Canada than TFC!

Tbh I hope Bradley gets the job because he will play based on merit and will actually play the kids. The guy started a 16 year old Torres in the playoffs last year.

Thought Dunn looked very slow today, reaction time and recovery was pretty bad but that could be more to do with acclimatization and lack of actually minutes/playtime. It didn't help he seemed to be a step higher than the rest of the line a lot giving him extra space to make up. I thought he was very vocal in comparison to his team mates. Some really good tackles and headers though. A mixed bag performance in a yet again woeful TFC team. 

• 2 weeks later...