CPL General

1 hour ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Who wants a single table vs. split seasons?

I like the split season format, but with only 1 CONCACAF League spot at play, I'd rather have the single table.

If our Spring & Fall winners both qualified, much like the Central American teams, I'd be quite happy with the split table... I'd be even happier if we got 3 spots, again, like the Central American teams (Spring Winner, Fall Winner, non-champions with best aggregate Spring/Fall record).

2 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Who wants a single table vs. split seasons?

Single. 

League champion gets CONCACAF spot.  If you feel you need a playoffs, top two play for the shield and V Cup seeding.  Or something.  Host a MNT friendly.  Whatever.

57 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

I like the split season format, but with only 1 CONCACAF League spot at play, I'd rather have the single table.

If our Spring & Fall winners both qualified, much like the Central American teams, I'd be quite happy with the split table... I'd be even happier if we got 3 spots, again, like the Central American teams (Spring Winner, Fall Winner, non-champions with best aggregate Spring/Fall record).

I think we're getting robbed here. I guess the Central Americans don't get the buy to the big show, but we definitely deserve two spots in the league. We got ATLETICO ffs! 

no respect GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

28 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

I'm good with the spring and fall seasons -- very happy they are equal at 14 games this year. And the 2-leg play off is good too. Satisfies the North American need for playoffs. However, if you win both seasons I think you deserve the reward of a CONCACAF League spot. Have the playoff anyways if you wish, but the CL spot is yours.

20 minutes ago, CanSuffer said:

I'm good with the spring and fall seasons -- very happy they are equal at 14 games this year. And the 2-leg play off is good too. Satisfies the North American need for playoffs. However, if you win both seasons I think you deserve the reward of a CONCACAF League spot. Have the playoff anyways if you wish, but the CL spot is yours.

Has this been confirmed yet?

4 minutes ago, CanSuffer said:

From canpl.ca near the top of the article on the 2020 home openers.

It confirms 14 home & away, not 14 spring & fall. We'll have to wait for tomorrow for anything official on that, but rumours are (and the wording in that article seems to indicate) that we're moving to single table.

50 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

It confirms 14 home & away, not 14 spring & fall. We'll have to wait for tomorrow for anything official on that, but rumours are (and the wording in that article seems to indicate) that we're moving to single table.

That's how I read it as well.

1 hour ago, Rintaran said:

My bad. Very sloppy on my part. Thanks for setting me straight. 

1 hour ago, Rintaran said:

That's great if true.  The spring/fall season screamed "minor league". 

Sounds like they are leaning towards playoffs:

http://www.totalsoccerproject.com/2020/02/qa-cpl-commissioner-david-clanachan-atletico-ottawa/

...And Finally, just in the terms of playoffs, with eight teams in the league playoffs seems to make more sense if that’s the way you’re going. Do you see it for the league?

“So we have a Board of Governors meeting next week, and it’s one of the topics, it’s interesting  because, its been brought up.  Some of the clubs are talking about ‘How would you do it?’ with 8 teams you can do a little bit of it, but you can’t go too far.  You can’t to this whole big thing because its disingenuous.... So I know it’s going to be a topic of discussion because a few of the owners have brought it up and they’re not they’re not going to just take the commissioner saying ‘No’. And you’ve got to listen, right? Why not? If its going to be more entertaining, then you’ve got to think it through. But I think its got to be creative too.” ...

16 hours ago, Rintaran said:

I very much hope this is the case!