Juan Guillermo Cordova

charlesmazz

On 8/11/2019 at 9:23 AM, jordan said:

The assist from last nights 1-0 win 

Maybe it's just me, but I love when a player writes "#cmnt" in his own post. 

The man is asking to be called, gotta love that desire. 

Considering our starting RB  at the Gold Cup is battling for minutes in Germany 3rd Division (I hope he establishes himself there)... I would be very disappointed if Herdman doesn't call Cordova for these matches. 

Worse case scenario, give Cordova a look, especially since he has shown he can play both LB and RB.

It will be baffling if he doesn't at least get a shot at it.  He is obviously playing at a decent level, getting solid minutes, and seems to be contributing.  That has to be good enough for a shot in a position where we are thin - especially since he seems keen, is young, and could be officially capped. 

At least one of him or Layrea need to be called next camp. I would even consider calling both, though that may be a big ask.

I would choose Cordova at his point, if I was forced.

It's amazing how far we have come where a 24 year old playing regular in the Chilean top flight and another 24 year old playing regularly for TFC are both on the outside of our team looking in. Times have changed.

Call both, give them both a game...this is 2 games against CUBA right??  I hate to be a broken record, but when are we going to get a more winable set of games that we can give players like this a run out???  

Zambrano didnt exactly know what he had with MA Kaye and what he could do until he stuck him in there at the GC. Montreal didnt think Crepeau was worth keeping around, and now he has run with his chances.  Bringing Kaye or Davies in to play FB again is not whats best for the program.  Let Cordova prove what he can do.  

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

Bring in Cordova and Laryea, Cordova can play left back if needed. 

I would be pleasantly surprised if Herdman does this, but with Adekugbe, Miller and Davies all potential left backs, I have my doubts. Zbg could be dropped, I could see it happening that way. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I would be pleasantly surprised if Herdman does this, but with Adekugbe, Miller and Davies all potential left backs, I have my doubts. Zbg could be dropped, I could see it happening that way. 

Hopefully the experiment of  trying to fit a square peg in a round hole at left back during the GC will convince the coaching staff to select and start a player thay plays there consistently at club level. If there is stiff competion at CM /LW/RW and Hoilett /Osorio start from the bench so be it. You want players fighting for playing time. But as you say it will be interesting to see who in fact gets the call. 

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Hopefully the experiment of  trying to fit a square peg in a round hole at left back during the GC will convince the coaching staff to select and start a player thay plays there consistently at club level. If there is stiff competion at CM /LW/RW and Hoilett /Osorio start from the bench so be it. You want players fighting for playing time. But as you say it will be interesting to see who in fact gets the call. 

Thought i read post tournament interview where Herdman said his philosophy is still trying to get our best 11 on the pitch even if it means playing players out of position. 

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He’s youngest, currently the best and has the highest ceiling.  For me it’s just a question about who the second guy is.

1 hour ago, Reign said:

Yeah no way should ZBG cut. 

For sure. That's exactly why I don't see Layera AND Cordova getting called at the same time. I mean, I would love for that to happen, but if you add two right backs, you are gonna have to drop two right backs, right? And if you are thinking Cordova can play on the left, then we have too many left backs, assuming Adekugbe gets recalled, because even if you drop Morgan, you have Davies and Miller both able to play there (ignoring Kaye - we all hope that experiment has ended).

I'll make it easier: We won't see Adekudge, Layrea and Cordova next month. 1 or maybe 2, but not 3.

Again, I must stress that I want all 3 in there and all 3 are deserving and the more reps they get the better and Cuba will be the best chance for a while to "experiment", but sadly I don't expect it to happen no matter how much I want it to or think it should happen.

Layera continues to look good for TFC, ZBG had a fine game for the Impact despite the loss, and Cordova continues to get minutes at right back down in Chile.

It's going to be interesting to see who Herdman selects. I can't imagine he'll take more than two of: Layera, ZBG, Cordova and Godinho.

1 minute ago, soccer.shocker said:

My call is Cordova and Laryea with both get a look at RB vs Cuba. ZBG and Godinho stay home. 

Since neither ZBG or Godinho have really claimed the spot, it seems like a fairly low risk way to let Cordova and Laryea have their debuts.  Capping is a nice side bonus, but the reality is that these games against Cuba are the closest things we have to safe games for quite a while.  I would not advocate wholesale changes, but a couple of options like this seem reasonable.  Too bad Eustaquio won't be ready.