charlesmazz

Juan Guillermo Cordova

19 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I get what you are saying.  Herdman sees him in camp and makes the call.  But from a supporter’s perspective it is still disappointing that we didn’t get to see him in a game situation.  

Sure, but when the manager plays a player that does well, it shouldn't be baffling to us that he didn't play a different player just to satisfy some fan curiosity. Plenty of people are saying he rotated too much, but now we are saying he should have rotated in this one more player?

Honestly, I probably would have felt more of this disappointment if it wasn't for Adekugbe. He played in this game and in my opinion didn't look good. I think collectively our hope was that our natural left and right backs would be great, but Herdman seems to have deemed one of them good enough to get a start to see what happens, and the other one not good enough to get that start. The one that he did give the start to, didn't perform well (in my opinion). Perhaps Cordova is even worse?

Personally, I've seen Cordova play once or twice and don't have much memory of his performances. I'm going to try to not get worked up about a player I have seen play less than a handful of times.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Sure, but when the manager plays a player that does well, it shouldn't be baffling to us that he didn't play a different player just to satisfy some fan curiosity. Plenty of people are saying he rotated too much, but now we are saying he should have rotated in this one more player?

Honestly, I probably would have felt more of this disappointment if it wasn't for Adekugbe. He played in this game and in my opinion didn't look good. I think collectively our hope was that our natural left and right backs would be great, but Herdman seems to have deemed one of them good enough to get a start to see what happens, and the other one not good enough to get that start. The one that he did give the start to, didn't perform well (in my opinion). Perhaps Cordova is even worse?

Personally, I've seen Cordova play once or twice and don't have much memory of his performances. I'm going to try to not get worked up about a player I have seen play less than a handful of times.

But he's from Chile!!  😉