Juan Guillermo Cordova

charlesmazz

52 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

link?

I’ve been talking to someone sitting at the negotiation table. The Whitecaps want Cordova to come in on trial before they agree to the deal, and both Huachipato and Cordova’s camp think it’s a ridiculous request. If the Caps don’t pull it off the table then no deal is going to happen.

3 hours ago, GlassCity said:

I’ve been talking to someone sitting at the negotiation table. The Whitecaps want Cordova to come in on trial before they agree to the deal, and both Huachipato and Cordova’s camp think it’s a ridiculous request. If the Caps don’t pull it off the table then no deal is going to happen.

It is ridiculous: you never see a player under contract trialling with a potential buyer. What happens if he is injured training? It is ridiculous, I agree with the Chileans.

Do your damn scouting, talk to the player if his club allows you, study how he plays all you want. Then decide. Like big boys.

Whitecaps are so damn amateur at times it's frustrating. 

Didn't they just loan Blondell to Huachipato, wouldn't that be part of the deal in fact?

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It is ridiculous: you never see a player under contract trialling with a potential buyer. What happens if he is injured training? It is ridiculous, I agree with the Chileans.

Do your damn scouting, talk to the player if his club allows you, study how he plays all you want. Then decide. Like big boys.

Whitecaps are so damn amateur at times it's frustrating. 

Didn't they just loan Blondell to Huachipato, wouldn't that be part of the deal in fact?

It was being discussed as a possible swap, but after they hit an impasse with Cordova, the Blondell deal got done in isolation.

4 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I co sign Glass City big time. Nobody is right all the time especially when your trying to break stories but he often gets the scoop first. Im suprised the Caps having put at hit out yet 

I think they were pretty pissed after a bunch of leaks the past few weeks, almost every player announced first on his twitter ?

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Did we just decide one day he should be a RB because he is right footed? I feel like this may have happened lol

I believe he's said he's equally comfortable with both feet. I feel like the RB thing came from him playing on the right in the first camp we brought him in for in Qatar

Just so I know the deal - he can play either full back position, is playing really well in thew Chilean top flight, has repped us (and Chile) at youth level, and got called up to our senior squad for a friendly against Curacao (and is thus still uncapped).

With our very limited options at LB, this seems like a worthy call-up for the GC, no?  MAK and Davies can play there, but both seem to  be stronger in other parts of the pitch.