Fikayo Tomori

SCF08

14 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

Clarification of earlier post: Tomori scored an own goal for his parent club Chelsea while playing for Derby in the League Cup. There was debate as to whether Chelsea would let him play as the parent club of a loanee gets to choose whether they can play against them. The joke is that Chelsea let Tomori play because he had orders to sabotage his team (referring to Derby).

Such a stupid rule!

4 minutes ago, shamrock said:

I'd always prefer 1 solid pure physical defender paired with a "footballer" who can play out of the back. The pure defender would then be Tomori over Henry, basically an upgrade of a certain type of player. 

Ferreira ! He’s the CB Canada needs. Even if he’s  injury prone. Just need him to play the  important games. 

Ferreira - Tomori

Ferreira -Henry

Ferreira - James

i love all those pairings 

Only saw the highlights but he didn't exactly shower himself with glory.

I know he's still (relatively) young, but I can't see him ever having a meaningful career with the English national team. 

And I know we are thin at centre back, but honestly I don't really think he'd come in and solidify things on his own. I don't think he's that good, at least in this moment in time.

If I found out today that he was joining the program, I'd definitely be happy about it, but my expectations wouldn't be too high for him.

Edited by Obinna

33 minutes ago, Oranje said:

Almost as bad as Henry's howler vs TFC. a Tomori-Henry pairing would be one of the highest scoring CB parings out there!

Tomori's was worse in my opinion. Henry tried to clear the ball with his head. He hit the ball with his head, he just put it on net instead of putting it a yard or two wide of the net.

Tomori on the other hand tried to kick the ball, but swung and missed and it hit his planted foot. That's a worse screw up in terms of soccer technique. Not to mention, Tomori was standing still while the ball came to him, whereas Henry was running towards his goal to get to the ball.

I watched Tomori at Loftus Road vs QPR recently, he had a solid match except one ball he misplayed over his shoulder, he is young and playing at a high level, mistakes will be made, I hope he comes on board, he can only help our CB pool!

He's younger at least, and can at least get a game in the Championship, although to be fair to Doniel his time was derailed by injury. I still wonder what could have been...

Meanwhile Tomori seems no further ahead of perpetual loanee Matt Miazga in the Chelsea CB depth chart. 

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I can't believe we are approaching 20 pages tracking every twitch of a guy who doesn't want to play for us.

As long as he isn't cap tied by anyone else there is always hope especially now with all of the recent commitments, I felt the same about Hoilett and Tabla for long periods of time and they surprised me and committed to us!

14 minutes ago, gator said:

As long as he isn't cap tied by anyone else there is always hope especially now with all of the recent commitments, I felt the same about Hoilett and Tabla for long periods of time and they surprised me and committed to us!

I get it.  But Tabla was openly pondering both options and Hoilett always maintained he was focused on his club situation (even though most of us figured he was holding out to see if England would come knocking).

Tomori is a guy firmly in England's youth set up and I have never heard him muse about playing for Canada.  To me that puts him in a bit of a different category. 

13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I get it.  But Tabla was openly pondering both options and Hoilett always maintained he was focused on his club situation (even though most of us figured he was holding out to see if England would come knocking).

Tomori is a guy firmly in England's youth set up and I have never heard him muse about playing for Canada.  To me that puts him in a bit of a different category. 

He has played for us at the youth level and knows many of our young players, there is always hope!

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Cool.  I haven't followed him that closely since I figured he was a lost cause.  Would love to have a talented defender come on board. 

14 minutes ago, gator said:

He has played for us at the youth level and knows many of our young players, there is always hope!

And he wore the captain's armband for Canada when we played England!

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Considering we follow guys with the most minuscule connections to Canada, who have never played for Canada and might not know we "have a team", Tomori is a no-brainer to follow lol.

rashfordtomori.jpg?w968

I still find it hilarious that that game versus England put Tomori on their radar.