Jayson Leutwiler

KidCanada

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After missing a few games from a combination of his tight quad injury and Mellon wanting to give Halstead more playing time, he played today. Game finished 1-1 and Leutwiler had plenty to do because Shrewsbury were poor today.

Shropshire star says:

Jayson Leutwiler was an undisputed man of the match for Salop after making a string of saves on his recall on a day when Town conceded 17 corners and it took 53 minutes for the hosts to have an effort on goal and 78 minutes for a shot.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2016/04/16/shrewsbury-town-1-bradford-1-report-and-pictures/

Question for fellow Voyageurs. On Tuesday Shrewsbury Town host Sheffield United: What would you guys think about tweeting David Edgar (we know he convinced Arfield! :D )  and asking him to talk to Leutwiler? Good tactic or too aggressive?

13 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Question for fellow Voyageurs. On Tuesday Shrewsbury Town host Sheffield United: What would you guys think about tweeting David Edgar (we know he convinced Arfield! :D )  and asking him to talk to Leutwiler? Good tactic or too aggressive?

I like the idea, except after getting stapled to the bench in the last 2 WCQs Edgar probably isn't in the mood to do Canada any more favours.

Well I sent out a tweet; others can do the same if they wish. Maybe we could get @Fussball_eh (Canucks Abroad) to tweet Edgar too.

Sheffield United favourites going into the game vs Shrewsbury: http://miseojeu.lotoquebec.com/en/betting-offer/soccer/next-24-hours?idEve=252864

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 2 weeks later...

Leutwiler was listed as starting in goal vs Peterborough today but was replaced in the lineup at the last minute due to a back injury.:

Shrewsbury, despite losing 4-3 in a dramatic game that saw them score 3 goals after trailing 3-0 at the 74th minute, achieved League 1 safety after the teams below them didn't manage to make it out of the relegation zone (thank Haber's goal for Crewe today!). This was Shrewsbury's 13th straight home loss - their away record has been fantastic.

5 hours ago, shamrock said:

If I was him, I'd sign a new contract with the club (unless they are going to get another starter of course). It's a decent level and he's the #1goalkeeper, couldn't hurt to play a couple a years in League One. 

They want him back - contract talks were on hold for a bit until they acheived League 1 safety. I don't think he fancied going back to League 2. I think he may sign there again for a year. Their 2nd choice keeper also wants to stay.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Complete Homer said:

Disappointed we didn't see him in Austria, not sure what explanation there would be outside lack of interest 

Not sure if that would be the ONLY explanation. These friendlies were meant as a prep for the crucial match-ups in September. He's working with the core of players he's been working with for some time now, Petrasso being the lone but logical exception. 

A reminder that unless Leutwiler has a parent or grandparent born in Canada, he isn't eligible to play for us. Having citizenship does not automatically make one eligible, under FIFA's rules.

Of course, one would presume that having a Canadian-born parent is how a guy born and raised in Switzerland got a Canadian passport in the first place. But I haven't seen this explicitly confirmed anywhere.

Forgive me if this has been confirmed somewhere and I've just missed it; and if that's the case, could someone share a link?

• 1 month later...

http://footne.ch/2016/07/27/et-si-jayson-leutwiler-jouait-pour-le-canada/

Basically:

-4 months (or more) ago he was contacted by the CSA (Morgan Quarry). This thread is a year old now so I don't know how long it took the CSA to get going on his file.

-The CSA and the ASF(Swiss FA) have signed off on his one-time switch but there is a snag on FIFA's end. Something about him having to prove he was always Canadian from birth; paperwork issues. :angry:

-The CSA's Richard Scott also confirms this? http://twitter.com/richardscott187

On 6/9/2016 at 8:31 PM, squizz1402635577 said:

one would presume that having a Canadian-born parent

It would seem that it is his mother.

• 2 months later...