Jayson Leutwiler

KidCanada

Many people have brought up random Canadians abroad and questioned whether the CSA has been in contact with them and for the most part they've been long shots or guys with weak ties to Canada but this seems somewhat legit. He's 26, confirmed starter at a League One club and he obviously has a strong connection to Canada because he wears the Maple Leaf on his gloves and he hasn't been part of the Swiss program in about 6 years. As Nolando said CAP TIE HIM!

Guarantee CSA and Floro know nothing about him.

With lars basically done and kenny long in the tooth we need new keepers. And borjan is riding the pine...... The younger guys arent ready yet.

He could easily be one of our top 3 keepers.

I see he visited niagara falls 2 months ago

Edited by king1010

Guarantee CSA and Floro know nothing about him.

With lars basically done and kenny long in the tooth we need new keepers. And borjan is riding the pine...... The younger guys arent ready yet.

He could easily be one of our top 3 keepers.

How would Floro and the CSA know about him?

How would Floro and the CSA know about him?

Its their full time job and they get paid to scout canadian talent?

If people on this forum can do it as a hobby they should be able to identify potential canadians able to play for us as a 9 to 5 job.

Who knows though. Maybe I'm wrong and he is on the CSA/ floros radar. Not holding my breath though after hearing floro hasnt ever talked to occean.

Edited by king1010

Its their full time job and they get paid to scout canadian talent?

If people on this forum can do it as a hobby they should be able to identify potential canadians able to play for us as a 9 to 5 job.

Who knows though. Maybe I'm wrong and he is on the CSA/ floros radar. Not holding my breath though after hearing floro hasnt ever talked to occean.

Well personally I hope that Floro isn't in charge of scouring the Internet for random Canadians or quasi-Canadians playing every level of soccer around the globe, I think he has more important stuff to deal with. In terms of the CSA I hardly think they have the budget for this sort of thing. On top of that even if they did have someone in charge of scouting these small percentage opportunities there's no way that person could compare in terms of productivity to a couple hundred die hard fans with ample amounts of of free time. Think of it this way, we find a dozen of these guys per year and I can't think of any that turned into legit full time NT players. And we collectively contribute a couple hours per week, that's the equivalent of the CSA hiring at least two full times positions to do this.

Fair point.

I hope that someone from the CSA at least monitors our page and through that is made aware of these guys. And I think that happens because if you look back a couple years when Joe Di Chara was playing in Russia he wasn't anywhere near the radar of the MNT. We kept a close eye on him and within a few months he was called up.

So if anyone from the CSA is reading this CALL THIS GUY!

*^^^

Agreed. Or at least see if he has/ can get a passport. Between keepers being too old/ young/ not playing, we could really use this guy.

I'm really tempted to comment on his insta and ask if he is interested in playing for canada.

Edited by king1010

*^^^

Agreed. Or at least see if he has/ can get a passport. Between keepers being too old/ young/ not playing, we could really use this guy.

I'm really tempted to comment on his insta and ask if he is interested in playing for canada.

I agree, this guys would be great to have available.

I believe Fussball Eh tweeted at him about an hour ago...

One thing I was wondering was if he is all of a sudden trying to get noticed??? Having his bio on social media say he is Canadian and now a maple leaf on the gloves. Maybe he knows he is off the Swiss radar but wants to play international football. Also found some pictures of him in Toronto back in May.

One thing I was wondering was if he is all of a sudden trying to get noticed??? Having his bio on social media say he is Canadian and now a maple leaf on the gloves. Maybe he knows he is off the Swiss radar but wants to play international football. Also found some pictures of him in Toronto back in May.

Out of curiosity, how did you stumble onto this guy?

His "style" or "strategy" as a keeper is interesting:

« Il est tout simple: une excellente communication avec mes défenseurs. Qu’on joue à trois ou à quatre derrière, la clé c’est de bien parler. » Son style? « A l’européenne. Quand on arrive en Angleterre, on est impressionné par le gabarit des joueurs et leur engagement. Quand je peux capter une balle, je le fais, mais j’aime boxer les ballons, évacuer le danger. »  http://footvaud.ch/jayson-leutwiler-est-tout-simplement-invincible/

10 month old match report from when he played against Chelsea (including Drogba):

http://www.goal.com/en/match/shrewsbury-town-vs-chelsea/1950089/report

He plays a risky game; makes me think of Borjan!