Jump to content

Jayson Leutwiler


KidCanada
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some updates on Leutwiler:

On November 28th: http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2015/11/28/stars-jayson-leutwiler-and-dom-smith-talks-on-hold-until-shrewsbury-town-stay-up/

"...Leutwiler would attract interest from Championship sides seeking competition for a first-choice keeper ..."

 

On December 2nd: Lots of praise for him again http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2015/12/02/anthony-gerrard-urges-shrews-to-seal-leutwiler-deal/

 

Today (December 7th): Gets a pretty grim face injury playing Grimsby Town in the FA Cup. Was stretchered off just before the half. "Leutwiler had stitches in his lip, nose and eye area but was able to travel home on the team coach afterwards."

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2015/12/07/grimsby-town-0-shrewsbury-town-0-report/soccer-the-fa-cup-second-round-grimsby-town-v-shrewsbury-town-4/

I hope he'll be OK. If it's the face he got hit in, and he has no eye problems as a result, a concussion is unlikely right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Some updates on Leutwiler:

On November 28th: http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2015/11/28/stars-jayson-leutwiler-and-dom-smith-talks-on-hold-until-shrewsbury-town-stay-up/

"...Leutwiler would attract interest from Championship sides seeking competition for a first-choice keeper ..."

 

On December 2nd: Lots of praise for him again http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2015/12/02/anthony-gerrard-urges-shrews-to-seal-leutwiler-deal/

 

Today (December 7th): Gets a pretty grim face injury playing Grimsby Town in the FA Cup. Was stretchered off just before the half. "Leutwiler had stitches in his lip, nose and eye area but was able to travel home on the team coach afterwards."

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2015/12/07/grimsby-town-0-shrewsbury-town-0-report/soccer-the-fa-cup-second-round-grimsby-town-v-shrewsbury-town-4/

I hope he'll be OK. If it's the face he got hit in, and he has no eye problems as a result, a concussion is unlikely right?

A concussion is possible with any blow to the head. It's even possible without a blow to the head, with a change of direction at a strong enough force the brain can be slammed against the inside of the skull and cause a concussion.

I didn't notice your post and updated this weeks Canucks Abroad thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2015 at 10:19 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

A concussion is possible with any blow to the head.

Ya, he did get one. Besides the cuts afterwards that needed stiches for, he also broke his nose. He will need to use a mask once he returns to playing and will miss at least this weekend's game.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2015/12/08/injured-leutwiler-to-don-mask-for-town/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Ya, he did get one. Besides the cuts afterwards that needed stiches for, he also broke his nose. He will need to use a mask once he returns to playing and will miss at least this weekend's game.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2015/12/08/injured-leutwiler-to-don-mask-for-town/

Jeez... That must have been one rough collision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

"...with current absentees Jayson Leutwiler and Jermaine Grandison now in full training."

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/micky-mellon-pre-chesterfield-2878908.aspx

 

"Jayson Leutwiler could return to the bench, after fully recovering from a broken nose and other facial injuries."
http://www.shropshirelive.com/2016/01/01/match-preview-chesterfield-v-shrewsbury/

 

What he looks like with his mask:

jayson-leutwiler-of-shrewsbury-town-warm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

 

Matt mentioned it back in August but it's cool to see another much more recent picture.

Am I drunk without knowing it?  Why don't I see a maple leaf on his glove (in the picture below)?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheOneGloveCo/status/621360285861998593

Interview:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhE6RzTSC5M

Interesting:  The keeper with the most clean sheets in Europe is injured, and his team lets in 7 against Chesterfield.

Edited by SuperCanuck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperCanuck said:

Am I drunk without knowing it?  Why don't I see a maple leaf on his glove (in the picture below)?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheOneGloveCo/status/621360285861998593

Interview:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhE6RzTSC5M

Interesting:  The keeper with the most clean sheets in Europe is injured, and his team lets in 7 against Chesterfield.

It's on the inside of the cuff. Click on the pic to see the full size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SuperCanuck said:

Interesting:  The keeper with the most clean sheets in Europe is injured, and his team lets in 7 against Chesterfield.

On Dec 26th, this was said about their other top keeper Mark Halstead:

"Meanwhile, Mellon admits Jayson Leutwiler may have to wait for his chance if Mark Halstead maintains his form in goal."
http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2015/12/26/micky-mellon-thanks-shrews-fans-for-their-backing/

Well, Halstead just let in 7 goals today (after a string of fairly good games) so this sucks for Shrewsbury but will make it easier for Leutwiler to win his spot back when he's fit. The blame isn't 100% Halstead's though; Shrewsbury gave up two penalties, went a man down after 2 yellows and 2 of their players go injured.

Leutwiler wasn't even on the bench for the game: http://www.instagram.com/p/BACjq0DhAf4/

When he posted the mask picture on instagram about 4 days ago, he said it would be "couple weeks till I'm 100% back".

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...