Jayson Leutwiler

KidCanada

49 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Losing Crepeau means we should bring in another keeper to Bahrain just for training, your 3rd keeper is there for shooting drills and the like. One of Hasal, Breza or Carducci I'd say.

This is how I see it as well. I hope one of those 3 gets to come in an experience a senior camp. The Cavs fan in me likes the Carducci shout, but I would like to see it go to Hasal. He should be the starter in Vancouver again next season and could really cement his status as a startimg MLS keeper. As such, this camp could be a nice experience to keep furthering his development in that direction.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, narduch said:

Believe it was a Cup game no?

I will admit I don't check religiously but the last few times he wasn't even in the line up.

Ya FA Trophy I think, must be paid well to just kinda hang out. There was a point Raya was his back up, he went up the pyramid and Jayson fell down it

5 minutes ago, jordan said:

Ya FA Trophy I think, must be paid well to just kinda hang out. There was a point Raya was his back up, he went up the pyramid and Jayson fell down it

Apparently he saved 3 penalties in that game!

Still have no idea why he went AWOL though.

Edited by narduch

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Apparently he saved 3 penalties in that game!

Still have no idea why he went AWOL though.

IIRC he was dropped immediately after attending a WCQ camp with us. He had been starting regularly up until that moment. Feel for the guy, he sacrificed his career to come to a camp that he knew he wouldn't get any playing time at. I'm sure he was hoping he could win that #3 spot. If I recall, he replaced Pantemis who refused the call up. Kinda wish he got the #3 spot for his sacrifice.

• 5 months later...

It appears that Leutwiler is the only senior GK with Port Vale right now.  The 3 senior GKs from last year, Stone, Stevens, and Lucas, have signed elsewhere or not been re-signed.  Hopefully he'll get a chance at some playing time this year.

Edit:  Port Vale has also signed Connor Ripley on a free from League One's Morecambe.  He was their starter last year.

Edited by danninho

• 1 month later...