Jayson Leutwiler

KidCanada

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Mike Thompson said:

Still hasn't played in league or cup matches :/ 

maybe a move to a descent European division one league is needed? 

For example:

• The Belgian Pro League

• Austrian Bundesliga 

• Swiss league

• Danish Superliga 

If he's a third stringer on a team in England's third tier how is he supposed to become a starter in a European top flight? Personally, I think he should wait for the CPL to come around and sign here. Regular playing time would probably be a guarantee.

13 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

If he's a third stringer on a team in England's third tier how is he supposed to become a starter in a European top flight? Personally, I think he should wait for the CPL to come around and sign here. Regular playing time would probably be a guarantee.

He's the #2 guy not the #3 guy but yea aside from Scotland or Scandinavia I don't he'd find a #1 spot in a Europe top flight. I don't think he should be in any rush to move leagues as well.

14 minutes ago, matty said:

He's the #2 guy not the #3 guy but yea aside from Scotland or Scandinavia I don't he'd find a #1 spot in a Europe top flight. I don't think he should be in any rush to move leagues as well.

Leutwiler has not played at all for Blackburn this season whereas Andy Fisher has played twice and David Raya has played 9 times which leads me to believe that he is the third stringer. I could be wrong though because I'm not sure if it is Jayson or Andy Fisher who is the benchwarmer for most of the league games.

8 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

Leutwiler has not played at all for Blackburn this season whereas Andy Fisher has played twice and David Raya has played 9 times which leads me to believe that he is the third stringer. I could be wrong though because I'm not sure if it is Jayson or Andy Fisher who is the benchwarmer for most of the league games.

He's been on the bench for 5 of 6 league games this year so far. Fisher hasn't played a league game (he played an EFL Trophy game) and is playing on the youth team right now.

Edited by matty

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mike Thompson said:

So far, he's played 3 games for the national team and hasn't allowed a goal in any of them! Can you imagine if he gets another clean sheet vs El Salvador? Assuming Borjan doesn't get picked, he's shaping up to be our #2 GK

Personally, I believe that he should get a loan/transfer to another English club where he will be a starter. He needs consistent minutes. He got good minutes and played well at Shrewsbury and he needs to get something like that going again.

1 minute ago, Jith12 said:

Personally, I believe that he should get a loan/transfer to another English club where he will be a starter. He needs consistent minutes. He got good minutes and played well at Shrewsbury and he needs to get something like that going again.

He just moved to Blackburn a month ago.

10 hours ago, Jith12 said:

That's exactly my point. He's a 2nd/3rd stringer there and getting no minutes whatsoever. He needs minutes.

But he just moved there. Stay and fight for your minutes, don't quit the club after a month! If he's still riding the pine next summer then year maybe but he chose his lot now time to win the spot...

13 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

But he just moved there. Stay and fight for your minutes, don't quit the club after a month! If he's still riding the pine next summer then year maybe but he chose his lot now time to win the spot...

That is true but Blackburn also have a young, up and coming keeper in Andy Fisher who is likely the understudy to current starter David Raya. Blackburn might want to give Fisher minutes if Raya isn't starting to give him experience. I have nothing against Jayson staying and trying to fight for a spot but I think it is quite a longshot.

3 hours ago, Jith12 said:

That is true but Blackburn also have a young, up and coming keeper in Andy Fisher who is likely the understudy to current starter David Raya. Blackburn might want to give Fisher minutes if Raya isn't starting to give him experience. I have nothing against Jayson staying and trying to fight for a spot but I think it is quite a longshot.

Yes, all good points and things I'm sure Jayson was aware of when he signed there.

5 hours ago, Jith12 said:

Fisher is 19. Raya is 22. I don't think that they would do that. If they want to give Fisher minutes, they'll send him on loan somewhere. Also, Fisher hasn't been on the bench in the league this year. Leutwiler is. I think that leaving Blackburn is risky when he had troubles to find a club when Shrewsbury didn't want him. 

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Fisher is 19. Raya is 22. I don't think that they would do that. If they want to give Fisher minutes, they'll send him on loan somewhere. Also, Fisher hasn't been on the bench in the league this year. Leutwiler is. I think that leaving Blackburn is risky when he had troubles to find a club when Shrewsbury didn't want him. 

Oh damn, didn't realize that Raya is only 22. That changes things a bit and makes him a bit less of a longshot. I still think that he needs minutes, but staying at Blackburn might not have been as bad as an idea that I originally thought. Best of luck to Jayson in his endeavors.

25 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

Oh damn, didn't realize that Raya is only 22. That changes things a bit and makes him a bit less of a longshot. I still think that he needs minutes, but staying at Blackburn might not have been as bad as an idea that I originally thought. Best of luck to Jayson in his endeavors.

It's better to be on the bench at Blackburn than being nowhere in Shrewsbury. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Blackburn have been promoted to the Championship with two games left.

It seems like Leutwiler is still riding the pine; 2nd behind Raya. I hope they give him those last two games of the season at least.

Happy 29th Birthday to Jayson!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille