Steven Vitória

Yohan

16 hours ago, GasPed said:

Well, he actually called in two injured RCB's and three very healthy LCB's.  And then when (predictably) he didn't have an RCB who could play, he chose to put a 39 year old midfielder there...

I don’t understand why he seems so set on playing a right footed player there. I’d rather have Kennedy play RCB in a back 4 or in the middle of a back 3 than have Atiba there. Particularly if we are in a back 3, it really shouldn’t matter. And I think Kennedy and Cornelius both have the attributes to play there. 

On 4/1/2022 at 5:25 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Consensus: Cornelius should have played in our back line vs. Panama. Atiba could have sat or started in the middle. We would have done just as well with Miller instead of Tajon, a pure winger with a striker like Cav, or Igbo, who can use his head, good combo.

It was really rather simple, and then Herdman would have just a few more key pieces really on board and in the mix. 

Manage your damn roster, coach. That includes being careful with the older guys, who we need to have replacements for and in the right mindset to step in. It also means not pulling these dumbass Brym-Kone moves, which are capricious and plant seeds of doubt into a squad led to believe that their club play does mean something for NT merits.

I think it says something about how Herdman rates Cornelius when he prefers an out of position Hutch over Cornelius in that game. Would not be surprised to see Waterman or McNaughton given a chance to stake a claim in the Nations League.

5 hours ago, A_Gagne said:

I think it says something about how Herdman rates Cornelius when he prefers an out of position Hutch over Cornelius in that game. Would not be surprised to see Waterman or McNaughton given a chance to stake a claim in the Nations League.

I don't know man, as much as i like and root for Waterman, I can't see it happen.  If Herdan doesn't trust/rate Cornelius there is no way Waterman gets called up.  Cornelius is better in every measurable way.  i hope McNaughton works out, but he's 27, has he really been under the radar that long?  That's a really late bloomer even for a CB.

He turned 35 in January.

He is the oldest player in our squad not named Hutchinson.

Moreirense are now in very serious relegation danger. They have lost their last 4 matches in a row ( the matches he was not able to play in ) and are now bottom of the table. It shows you how important he is for both club and country.

His contract is up in June. Where will he play from August to November I wonder?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

20 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He turned 35 in January.

He is the oldest player in our squad not named Hutchinson.

Moreirense are now in very serious relegation danger. They have lost their last 4 matches in a row ( the matches he was not able to play in ) and are now bottom of the table. It shows you how important he is for both club and country.

His contract is up in June. Where will he play from August to November I wonder?

WC will likely be his last big focus so an MLS move makes a lot of sense. TFC?

Edited by SpursFlu

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, narduch said:

Vitoria subbed on in the 88th minute of Moreirense 1-0 loss to Portimonse

Played 7 minutes or so.

It may not seem like much but those are his first minutes since Feb 20th (so over 2 months ago) unless I am mistaken.

There are 3 matches left in the season and Moreirense are still in relegation danger.

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Played 7 minutes or so.

It may not seem like much but those are his first minutes since Feb 20th (so over 2 months ago) unless I am mistaken.

There are 3 matches left in the season and Moreirense are still in relegation danger.

Honestly, after a layoff that long it is just good to hear that he made it into the game. 

• 3 weeks later...

Subbed on in the 67th minute after Moreirense were already up by 4 goals.

Vizela got a red card in the 3rd minute!

Match ended 4-1.

----

In the other crucial match, Boa Vista got a late goal against Tondela to get a 2-2 draw that automatically relegated Tondela and gave Moreirense a fighting chance in the relegation playoff.

----

So Vitória & co live to fight another day.  💪

Absolute "decision day" scenes! 😲

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

For those who are interested, the playoffs are Saturday, May 21st & Sunday, May 29th.

https://www.ligaportugal.pt/pt/epocas/20212022/noticias/geral/horarios/conhecidos-os-horarios-do-playoff-da-liga-portugal-bwin

---

I'm not sure if Herman plans to have the camp start early but clearly Vitória won't be ready to join the team until the FIFA window has well and truly started, on the Tuesday at the earliest.

49 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

For those who are interested, the playoffs are Saturday, May 21st & Sunday, May 29th.

https://www.ligaportugal.pt/pt/epocas/20212022/noticias/geral/horarios/conhecidos-os-horarios-do-playoff-da-liga-portugal-bwin

---

I'm not sure if Herman plans to have the camp start early but clearly Vitória won't be ready to join the team until the FIFA window has well and truly started, on the Tuesday at the earliest.

The FIFA window starts May 30. It may just be better for him to be playing as he's had few minutes with the injury and the slow return.

On 5/21/2022 at 6:07 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Didn't play today ( stayed on the bench )

Moreirense lost 2 - 0 to Chaves so they've got a mountain to climb to avoid relegation.

Currently on the bench for game two of the playoffs. It's halftime and Moreirense are winning 1-0 so they need another goal to survive.

25 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Vitória played the last 15 minutes and had a chance on goal but in the end, the scoreline stays 1-0 and Moreirense are relegated.

:(

I can't see how he stays at the club. Not sure what is in his future.

I hope you are right and that he somehow finds a top flight club before the World Cup, but I can see that not happening.

The question for me is whether Herdman calls him while playing for Moreierense in the second division. The answer for me is yes.

Vitoria is who he is, playing down there won’t hurt his development. I don’t think he’ll suddenly struggle with the pace of play at the international level because of it. 

It’s most important to be playing. Switching clubs presents a risk, while staying put doesn’t. He’ll be quite busy leading the team back to promotion starting in the fall, if he stays.

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

while playing for Moreierense in the second division. The answer for me is yes.

I really don't think he stays. Captain but often injured...couldn't help the team from being relegated...35 years old... how does management justify giving him another contract?

He is still quality in my book but will the fans, the coach and management feel like I do?

8 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I really don't think he stays. Captain but often injured...couldn't help the team from being relegated...35 years old... how does management justify giving him another contract?

He is still quality in my book but will the fans, the coach and management feel like I do?

My thinking is that more valuable assets will be moving on due to the relegation, so they'll kind of need Vitoria to help see them through the transition. I am not familiar with the players at this specific club, to be honest, but we know it's common for top flight clubs to scoop up the talent from relegated teams. Sometimes relegated clubs will loan players to other top flight clubs to keep them happy. Either way, such things are reasons to believe they'd lean on Vitoria, a player I don't think is going to garner much interest in Liga Nos from other teams. Even if I imgaine another team signing him, it's unlikely to be for a starting role, I think. In that case, maybe he'd be better off playing week in and out a division down than being glued to the bench of another Liga Nos team? What are your thoughts on that?

Or we can think outside the box here and imagine a return to Poland, where he previously spent time at one of the better clubs over there, but again moves present risk, especially at his age.

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, rydermike said:

Imagine he joins Montreal. They could run the CMNT Johnston-Vitoria-Henry defence combination every game. 

Nancy doesn't seem interested in using Johnston as a RCB. He's only played Wingback as far as I've seen.

12 hours ago, VinceA said:

Nancy doesn't seem interested in using Johnston as a RCB. He's only played Wingback as far as I've seen.

Despite having success their this season, this one is still kind of a head scratcher for me, specially with someone like ZBG being on the bench who fits the mold perfectly as a WB. Big positive of this is it’s helped Waterman start pretty much every game.