Steven Vitória

Yohan

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, gator said:

He is such a solid player for us and such a solid human being! Some of you may know my son John,  @JDub recently had a massive stroke! Steven sent a heartfelt get well video message to him that even brought a tear to this crusty old bastard's eye! Our family appreciate that so much!👍

I’m so sorry to hear.  I remember meeting you both at a game.  I’ll pray for John to recover.  I hope he gets better.

23 hours ago, gator said:

He is such a solid player for us and such a solid human being! Some of you may know my son John,  @JDub recently had a massive stroke! Steven sent a heartfelt get well video message to him that even brought a tear to this crusty old bastard's eye! Our family appreciate that so much!👍

Hey Carl, @JamboAl gave us a bit of an update. We are still all thinking about you guys and we hope John continues to recover. Rough times. 😔

7 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Hey Carl, @JamboAl gave us a bit of an update. We are still all thinking about you guys and we hope John continues to recover. Rough times. 😔

Thanks to you and everyone for the kind thoughts, it is an uphill battle for John he knows everyone is pulling for him! Cheers!

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Well that wasn't a very long lay off.

These COVID layoffs are getting short!

Vitória also seems to have had a rather mild case and is back in training and available for the Moreirense vs Porto clash on Sunday :

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2022-02-18/mirallas-deve-falhar-o-fc-porto/927937

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

These COVID layoffs are getting short!

Vitória also seems to have had a rather mild case and is back in training and available for the Moreirense vs Porto clash on Sunday :

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2022-02-18/mirallas-deve-falhar-o-fc-porto/927937

Kevin Mirallas plays for Moreirense now? Forget Vitoria's positive test result, that's the real story here! 😄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 9:52 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Did he get a two match ban or something?

Wasn't in the lineup for the last match and he's once again missing from the lineup today.

Tabloids claim he didn't get a two match ban, he was simply injured for the previous match but was supposed to return today:

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/moreirense/amp/steven-vitoria-regressa-as-opcoes-de-ricardo-sa-pinto

But he isn't currently in the starting XI or on the bench for Moreirense's match against Sporting which is a bit worrisome. 🤨

We should remember to check if he plays this upcoming Sunday.

25 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Tabloids claim he didn't get a two match ban, he was simply injured for the previous match but was supposed to return today:

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/moreirense/amp/steven-vitoria-regressa-as-opcoes-de-ricardo-sa-pinto

But he isn't currently in the starting XI or on the bench for Moreirense's match against Sporting which is a bit worrisome. 🤨

We should remember to check if he plays this upcoming Sunday.

That’s concerning - who starts in CR if he is injured and DH is suspended?  Kennedy and Cornelius?

During the broadcast they said he was out with an illness. 

I suspect he will likely seek a transfer from Moreirense this summer. Of the teams at the bottom of the table, Moreirense is the likeliest to be relegated. I would not be surprised to see him join a team like Rio Ave (if they are promoted) or move to a perennial mid-high table team that loves a veteran presence like Vitoria de Guimaraes (where Queresma is currently playing). 

The tabloids in Portugal claim:

1)

The muscular problem (relapse) that kept him out of the squad last weekend will keep him out of the Moreirense squad tomorrow. It's almost certain that he will not play.

2)

He has been called to the #CanMNT despite his injury.

---

My own speculation is that he won't be healthy in time for the Costa Rica match but Herdman and his team feel like he could play a role vs Jamaica or Panama.

That scenario would leave us without Vitória, Henry and Adekugbe vs Costa Rica.