Steven Vitória

Yohan

33 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Good news.

Wonder if we see Henry or Ferreira? Makes sense for Ferreira to come train and get part of the set up even if its unofficial. Provided he isnt in line to actually get minutes at club level.

I think Ferreira is called just for Herdman to see where he is at. 

Edited by trc2014

• 1 month later...

Moreirense are safe from relegation.
They cannot qualify for the Champions League.
They cannot qualify for the Europa League.

There are 5 matches left.
Their next match is a big one if they want to sneak into that 6th spot and qualify for the Europa Conference League. They have very little travel left in their schedule (even by Portugal standards) so hopefully they can make a big push.

The more #CanMNT players playing European football, the better!

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Moreirense are safe from relegation.
They cannot qualify for the Champions League.
They cannot qualify for the Europa League.

There are 5 matches left.
Their next match is a big one if they want to sneak into that 6th spot and qualify for the Europa Conference League. They have very little travel left in their schedule (even by Portugal standards) so hopefully they can make a big push.

The more #CanMNT players playing European football, the better!

Vitoria still seems to be wearing the armband for his club as well. Good signs. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Did a solid job as the "qb" of the back three today.  Complemented well by the pacy youngsters on either side of him.  

Yeah, give him two fast CBs and I think we're actually somewhat solid at the back, his presence in the air makes me feel a bit better about us defending crosses. I'm hoping Ferreira can be the next Vitoria for us in the next few years if we don't have anyone better emerge (not counting current guys like Kennedy).

• 2 months later...

I know there was some concern about him not getting playing time lately and he stayed on the bench last week. 

However he did start and captain the team this week, going 90++ and picking up a yellow. 

I say ++ because I watched the highlights and it was a crazy end to the game, two penalties in the 90' and later and then Moreirense tied it up after almost 10'  of stoppage time. 

3 minutes ago, Dinozotti said:

Don’t get me wrong but Vitoria is getting old and it looks like he can’t move anymore on the pitch. We seen it in the gold cup. I think he has to pass the throne on.

Until we have someone better to step into his place, he is one of our most reliable options.  With his strength in the air, we need to make sure we have some pace at the back to help him.  As long as we do that (like we did at the GC) he solidifies our back line.  

15 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Vitoria is a starter when healthy, plain and simple. Henry is his back up.

Kennedy and Miller are competitors with each other for the left center back position.

He is also a great leader on the pitch.  KJ highlighted how he calmed everyone down and got them focused after the first goal against CR. This is an important asset.