Victor Loturi

Atlantic

Watched the entire Hearts-Ross County match (yes, I’m a sucker for punishment).  IMO, Derek Adams probably doesn’t see Loturi as an SPFL quality player.  Ross County has someone called Yann Dhanda who would play a similar role to Loturi but who I think is a better player that Loturi, and probably how the manager sees it himself.  I think our boy will be on his way out especially if County stay up and Adams is around next season.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Watched the entire Hearts-Ross County match (yes, I’m a sucker for punishment).  IMO, Derek Adams probably doesn’t see Loturi as an SPFL quality player.  Ross County has someone called Yann Dhanda who would play a similar role to Loturi but who I think is a better player that Loturi, and probably how the manager sees it himself.  I think our boy will be on his way out especially if County stay up and Adams is around next season.

I feel Dhanda and Loturi are very differing skill sets. Though I feel Adam’s has his preferred 11 that will take him to the split.

6 hours ago, jordan said:

I feel Dhanda and Loturi are very differing skill sets. Though I feel Adam’s has his preferred 11 that will take him to the split.

Come to think of it, you’re probably right.  Loturi also doesn’t have Dhanda’s pace, nor experience at a decent level.  

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

El Hombre needs Scottish lessons.

And honking is exactly what it sounds like.  Woeful if one were to be polite.

LOL.  I don't know.  I'm with El Hombre on this one.    

When I came up, in my little corner of Canada honking=huge/vast.  Like too big to be possible for whatever it was that you were talking about.  Could be bad, could be good. 

Hawerchuk had a honking game against the Hawks on Saturday= good.

Mosquitoes were honking at Pinawa on the weekend=bad.

Of course.....that poster could also be shortening a familiar slang term.  "Honking pile of shit!" could become "honking" in a familiar circle of friends.  Being economical with words.

So, could just be a bad read.   Instance where what was meant to be verbalized lost something in the translation to print.

Sorry about that, stalling.  Finding reasons to make myself late for work.   

3 hours ago, Cheeta said:

LOL.  I don't know.  I'm with El Hombre on this one.    

When I came up, in my little corner of Canada honking=huge/vast.  Like too big to be possible for whatever it was that you were talking about.  Could be bad, could be good. 

Hawerchuk had a honking game against the Hawks on Saturday= good.

Mosquitoes were honking at Pinawa on the weekend=bad.

Of course.....that poster could also be shortening a familiar slang term.  "Honking pile of shit!" could become "honking" in a familiar circle of friends.  Being economical with words.

So, could just be a bad read.   Instance where what was meant to be verbalized lost something in the translation to print.

Sorry about that, stalling.  Finding reasons to make myself late for work.     

"Honk a hooter" is British I believe = also good.

The deeper background to it in a Scottish context is that the word honk is related to semen so originally it would have referred to a smell reminiscent of a repurposed teenager's gym sock but in more recent times it became anything that smells bad or by extension anything that's just woefully bad. Back in the day if a teenage boy became sexually excited for some reason and people in the immediate vicinity could smell the difference that would be a case of somebody having honked and would lead to all kinds of accusation as to who the culprit was in a similar way to the aftermath of somebody breaking wind in a silent but violent sort of way.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 12:55 PM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The deeper background to it in a Scottish context is that the word honk is related to semen so originally it would have referred to a smell reminiscent of a repurposed teenager's gym sock but in more recent times it became anything that smells bad or by extension anything that's just woefully bad. Back in the day if a teenage boy became sexually excited for some reason and people in the immediate vicinity could smell the difference that would be a case of somebody having honked and would lead to all kinds of accusation as to who the culprit was in a similar way to the aftermath of somebody breaking wind in a silent but violent sort of way.

Early post of the year candidate.

On 1/25/2024 at 1:42 PM, jordan said:

County added a CM/DM on loan today.

Jenk’s has come in and played 90 in 4 out 4 matches. 
Also Eli King came in on loan and has also played 90 in 4 out 4 matches.

They are the preferred two in the middle. Loturi has featured with both in a midfield 5 though.

If they played a relegation playoff today they would likely lose to Raith or Partick (who already pumped them in January).

Assuming Adam’s gets the sack, then a season in the Championship wouldn’t be terrible, with Betfred, Scottish Cup, and Challenge Cup he could probably get 50 games under the new manager.

• 1 month later...

Big win for Ross County today. Loturi going all 98 minutes. 

Not a great performance though. Hearts were completely on top for most of the game.

Unfortunatley I felt Loturi cut a stark comparison to other team mates that looked hungry getting the ball, wanting the ball or moving into space. Seemed very passive and didn't see a ton of the ball. Maybe that was due to his position and role but encouraging he played the entire game.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Big win for Ross County today. Loturi going all 98 minutes. 

Not a great performance though. Hearts were completely on top for most of the game.

Unfortunatley I felt Loturi cut a stark comparison to other team mates that looked hungry getting the ball, wanting the ball or moving into space. Seemed very passive and didn't see a ton of the ball. Maybe that was due to his position and role but encouraging he played the entire game.

That's too bad about the performance but it's nice that he seems to have solidified a starting role again over the last few months 

• 5 weeks later...

I had checked the fotmob ratings after the game yesterday and he was rated poorly (6.6), which seemed a bit counterintuitive since they were 2nd last and had just beaten a league powerhouse.  I know they still conceded two but it seemed weird that a key defensive player would be deemed to have a bad game in a winning effort when they could have easily been overwhelmed.  Your comment makes me question the ranking even more.