Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

3 minutes ago, costarg said:

And to think ZBG is also playing great and has been in/out for a long time.  Just too much competition at RB.  It's a nice headache.

I have always been rooting for ZBG.  With AJ moving on from CFM this season, I was really hoping ZBG would nail down his spot and really grab the opportunity.   Not sure that has happened yet - but still lots of season left obviously.  

The only thing is that he is now 24.  He is no longer a prospect - he is a guy that needs to start consistently doing the job and showing he belongs.  

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I have always been rooting for ZBG.  With AJ moving on from CFM this season, I was really hoping ZBG would nail down his spot and really grab the opportunity.   Not sure that has happened yet - but still lots of season left obviously.  

The only thing is that he is now 24.  He is no longer a prospect - he is a guy that needs to start consistently doing the job and showing he belongs.  

CFM picking up Herrera is a head scratcher, only explanation is they're looking to make a quick profit on one or both.  

27 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Agreed.  I have been a fan of his and always wanted to see him with the Caps.  

2 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

I have felt that ZBG has been consistently underrated - me not being his coach(es) of course.

I watched the first 3 CFM matches this year (but not the 4th). Frankly, I didn’t think he looked that good. I was hoping he was stepping into AJ’s shoes but Herrera had looked better in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, trc2014 said:

Would argue Hoilett fits that criteria to a degree.

That is fair.   He has offered that option for sure.  But realistically how long does he continue to be an impact player for us?  Having a guy like JRR develop into the kind of player that could do it consistently for the next decade would be nice.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I know most of his goals have been at the NextPro level but we don’t really have anyone who can consistently hit them from distance and be a goal threat.  I wouldn’t mind seeing him bring that to the Nats.   

To be fair, he won’t have that amount of time in MLS or with the Nats to tee it up and hit it like he did for that goal.  It’s good it’s in his repertoire but I would have been more impressed if he created half a yard for himself and then hit it like that

19 hours ago, solsous said:

Yes, they have their experienced players playing the home opener.

I saw the MLS highlights and he came on as a sub for the Crew in their actual MLS game. He had a busy weekend. 

Edited by Macksam

• 4 weeks later...