Match Thread: The Final - December 5, 2021 - Forge v Pacific

narduch

Congrats Pacific. Well deserved. Credit to Forge to the level they have sustained while playing on several different fronts. Bobby has done such a fantastic job.

It is Kah and Pacific's moment tonight though and a hell of a job he and the players have done there this season. Can't wait for a completely different set of Canadian players to be exposed to playing in the Champions League and picking up more experience. 

30 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Congrats Pacific. Well deserved. Credit to Forge to the level they have sustained while playing on several different fronts. Bobby has done such a fantastic job.

It is Kah and Pacific's moment tonight though and a hell of a job he and the players have done there this season. Can't wait for a completely different set of Canadian players to be exposed to playing in the Champions League and picking up more experience. 

Concacaf league.

But to your point, we get to see Forge in the tougher competition (CCL) and while seeing a new CPL team embark in Concacaf. 

I’m hoping Forge didn’t just overachieve. 

2 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Move the team to where McMaster plays , put up seats on the other three sides temporary stands if you want , put 5 to 6000 a game in that stadium and you will have some incredible atmosphere.image.jpeg.648990d7b574de6f8511999d175ac69b.jpeg

No way mcmaster allows that. Also theres a pretty important road that cant be severed and two new buildings adjacent to the field which aren't pictured.

not to mention the ticats owner already has a duel lease at thf. Would never happen

a new 6,000 seat stadium in Hamilton would be awesome though it would have to be privately funded. 

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Concacaf league.

But to your point, we get to see Forge in the tougher competition (CCL) and while seeing a new CPL team embark in Concacaf. 

I’m hoping Forge didn’t just overachieve. 

Aye, apologies! Is next year the last it will be split like this? New format in 2023 with two CPL clubs at least involved?  Exciting times all round. 

21 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Aye, apologies! Is next year the last it will be split like this? New format in 2023 with two CPL clubs at least involved?  Exciting times all round. 

The weird quirk now is the 2022 CPL season will have no continental spots up for grabs.

The 2023 CPL season will have 2 spots for the 2024 Champions League.

4 hours ago, SoccMan said:

All say it again I know a lot on here don’t want to hear this but even 6000 or 10000 in a 24000 seat stadium is not a good look for the casual , get these teams in smaller stadiums like Pacific and Halifax build the atmosphere. Fill those small stadiums make it look very important by having a packed stadium , playing in these big stadiums is just not the look you want when your trying to sell this league .

The camera angle was 95% of the time on the stand that had all the people there so it didn't look bad on TV. I was in the stadium though and apart from the stand that was full, all the premium seats from the luxury boxes on the opposite end were also full.

20211205_170605.jpg

Congrats to PFC, was most impressed by Dada Luke in his short stint tonight. He was a little shit, but quite affective. He was the burst of energy and strength that PFC needed to shut down a tired Forge in the end. Kwame and Navarro had trouble working it up his side. Not gonna overanalyze the game too much, we just looked tired.

My section was a lot fuller than usual, I hope some of those fans carry forward and come join us fulltime next year. The middle section seemed to have a large contingent of PFC supporters, not sure if they were family or what but congrats to them. Also, the dude with the Pacific denim jacket... that thing was fucking sick.

Congrats to Pacific on the victory, they are my second team after the Wanderers so it's nice to see some new blood taking home the trophy.  I'll be very interested to see how they do in the Concacaf League.

Best of luck to Forge in the Champions League next year.

Edited by Terry_Canuck

Just got home. Would have posted my congratulations earlier but there were a couple of guitar virtuosos playing Grateful Dead tunes down town right after the game so.....

MASSIVE congratulations to Pacific fans!!! How great did that final whistle feel!?!? Forge looked good for about 25 minutes in the first half but that's about it. Pacific were HUNGRY! Good turn out and a good amount of support for Pacific too. We stuck around for the medals and trophy ceremony and it was wonderful to see how much it ment to the team. 

Now, onward and upward. Though it wasn't the result I wanted, this must look better for the league. Can not wait to see Pacific in Concacaf League! Praying they dont shit the bed and go for a decent run. Already cant wait for next season. 

Pacific deserved to win this match, they played the perfect match to beat this tired Forge team and I congratulate them and will absolutely follow them in the Concacaf League next season! I really think the schedule congestion caught up with Forge, they were out of ideas and energy in the second half but again take nothing away from Pacific, they played the perfect match and I congratulate them! 

3 hours ago, king1010 said:

No way mcmaster allows that. Also theres a pretty important road that cant be severed and two new buildings adjacent to the field which aren't pictured.

not to mention the ticats owner already has a duel lease at thf. Would never happen

a new 6,000 seat stadium in Hamilton would be awesome though it would have to be privately funded. 

Never gonna happen as long as Bob Young owns the team!