Match Thread: The Final - December 5, 2021 - Forge v Pacific

narduch

On 11/29/2021 at 4:14 PM, CDNFootballer said:

Watch party for the Finals at JR Slims in Victoria :

pfc watch party finals.jpg

Close to sold out, Yates St Taphouse is also hosting the Lake Side Buoys as usual. 

If we win, the plan is to gather in Bastion Square to celebrate.

SEND OFF: The team is scheduled to fly out of YYJ Friday evening, gathering for 6:30 pm in short-term parking at the terminal.  

EDIT: The team is flying out of YYJ at 9:30 am on Friday. :(

Edited by ted
update

As a Pacific fan, I agree that Forge is the juggernaut, so Pacific has to figure them out. That means rigorous prep, and also trying to play in a way that gets some momentum our way. Watching for iffy reffing that rarely will hurt Forge, and staying on the front foot. Would have preferred to see them travelling today, but I guess this way they'll just stay on Pacific time and ignore the time difference. 

I make Forge the favourite, for home advantage, and for form over the past 2 months. If it goes otherwise it is going to be amazing.

3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I hope we come out with the energy we had against Vancouver. It felt like we were flying in that game, but we haven't always had the same energy since

That will be the key given Forge will be travel weary, I posted on here that the visit of Pacific to THF this season was one of the better matches I have seen and I will be disappointed but not shocked if Pacific win this!

Really hope Pacific wins. The last thing CanPL needs is an 86ers Mk II to emerge only even more dominant in league championship terms. All credit to the Smyrniotis brothers for what they have done with Sigma over the years but the way they are able to use their contacts in the GTA is circumventing the level of parity that the salary cap was supposed to provide. 

15 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Really hope Pacific wins. The last thing CanPL needs is an 86ers Mk II to emerge only even more dominant in league championship terms. All credit to the Smyrniotis brothers for what they have done with Sigma over the years but the way they are able to use their contacts in the GTA is circumventing the level of parity that the salary cap was supposed to provide. 

I'm sure everyone who isn't a Forge fan wants a Pacific win and it would be good for the league and kudos to most of those same fans who cheered for Forge in their Concacaf run, I don't see a problem with a coach using his contacts to gain an advantage, that is how club football works in the rest of the world, MLS is the exception!

1 minute ago, gator said:

I'm sure everyone who isn't a Forge fan wants a Pacific win and it would be good for the league and kudos to most of those same fans who cheered for Forge in their Concacaf run, I don't see a problem with a coach using his contacts to gain an advantage, that is how club football works in the rest of the world, MLS is the exception!

Isnt that exactly what Tommy did in Calgary to get his success..use his history and contacts with Foothills. I changed my mind.....now I want Forge to win.  I'm with you Gator.....parrot droppings has convinced me.  (I still think Forge will be too gassed.....sorry)