Kobe Franklin

JamesF

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was a tad shaky with the ball a few weeks ago but is gaining confidence and running with the ball and getting forward now. Pretty solid on defence as well, lots of effort and reads the play well. Pleasant surprise on a gong show TFC team, he's growing from week to week.

39 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

^^^ Well thats one way to look at it.  If Manning and Bradley didnt bring in a complete flop at FB, Franklin never would have got any chances to perform.  So yeaahh, wooohooo TFC....?????  Its counterintuitive, but those guys like to think outside the box.  

I view it as a testament to Franklin stepping up. Rotations, injuries, poor form all happen. I’m not cheering TFC, I’m cheering Franklin. 

Franklin should've gotten a shot last year. No offense to Kosi Thompson, but Franklin was nominated for 2021 defender of the year in 2021 in USL1. Kosi wasn't a defender and then got the shot ahead of him and Kobe spent an extra year in MLSNP. I know KT got plugged there in an emergency since Kobe wasn't signed, but not sure why he wasn't signed inthe first place 

1 hour ago, rydermike said:

Franklin should've gotten a shot last year. No offense to Kosi Thompson, but Franklin was nominated for 2021 defender of the year in 2021 in USL1. Kosi wasn't a defender and then got the shot ahead of him and Kobe spent an extra year in MLSNP. I know KT got plugged there in an emergency since Kobe wasn't signed, but not sure why he wasn't signed inthe first place 

They aren't like for like, so I think you should be saying, maybe they shouldn’t have signed Chung.

Kosi looked good when he got his first minutes at his natural position. He was plugged in at RB because of his versatility as we’ve seen he’’s played everywhere but striker. 

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

They aren't like for like, so I think you should be saying, maybe they shouldn’t have signed Chung.

Kosi looked good when he got his first minutes at his natural position. He was plugged in at RB because of his versatility as we’ve seen he’’s played everywhere but striker. 

Yeah, probably better to phrase it like that and compare Kobe with Chung. Kosi has been good in his proper role. I was thinking more along the lines that they kept Kosi there despite having roster space to add Franklin. I felt bad seeing Kosi struggling, when it was obvious it wasn't his position. I had watched a lot of 2021 TFC2 games and Kosi impressed at RW, but it was prossibly a bit of Bob Bradley's insistence on forcing players to fit where he wanted (ie. Shaff at LB), rather than where it was obvious where he should've been.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Bradley had no faith in Chung so he ran Thompson into the ground with start after start when he should have had a rotational break.  I remember that he really struggled in that Canadian Championship final vs Vancouver.

Good to see him back in midfield.

16 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Given their track record to date, I tend to view this as a guy like Franklin developing despite TFC. 

Like I’ve always said if you are good enough and dedicated and with a bit of luck you will get there . It doesn’t matter if you stay with TFC or leave if you are good enough you will make it . It’s easy to blame TFC but I can put together a long list of former Canadian TFC players who we all blamed TFC for not playing them enough, who left TFC and basically failed on almost every team they went to after TFC, some were not even good enough for the CPL . Sometimes it’s just the player not being good enough which I know for some it’s hard to believe .