Kobe Franklin

JamesF

13 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Excited to see them in the stands or back with TFC 2 on new improved deals.

kidding to an extent until proven wrong 

Lol.

I think it all depends on the state of the roster at the start of the season. If they are backups to Auro and Lawrence respectively - I will be okay with that knowing that they can be rotated in. It may also be beneficial to the roster spend especially if they want to bring in more elite starters. But if TFC bring in rumoured 35 yo full backs, then I think they’ll be in the stands rather than  on the bench. 

Might just be some regular degular academy formalities. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Lol.

I think it all depends on the state of the roster at the start of the season. If they are backups to Auro and Lawrence respectively - I will be okay with that knowing that they can be rotated in. It may also be beneficial to the roster spend especially if they want to bring in more elite starters. But if TFC bring in rumoured 35 yo full backs, then I think they’ll be in the stands rather than  on the bench. 

Might just be some regular degular academy formalities. 

Petrasso is a LB ? 

I do believe TFC is fine at RB with Auro and Franklin, but I think Lawrence was just ok… which leaves room for either Petrasso or a signing.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Petrasso is a LB ? 

I do believe TFC is fine at RB with Auro and Franklin, but I think Lawrence was just ok… which leaves room for either Petrasso or a signing.

Given Insigne is coming to play a LW role, some TFC fans have been speculating that TFC could try to convert Shaff to be a LWB. Lawrence is at his best in a defensive role, so if TFC were to use a 3 man backline, he would be good as a LCB (problem is that's Mavinga's best spot too)

4 minutes ago, rydermike said:

Given Insigne is coming to play a LW role, some TFC fans have been speculating that TFC could try to convert Shaff to be a LWB. Lawrence is at his best in a defensive role, so if TFC were to use a 3 man backline, he would be good as a LCB (problem is that's Mavinga's best spot too)

Is it confirmed he's coming to play a LW role? I would think they might use him in the same fashion Giovinco was i.e. second striker/trequarista. 

In any event I don't think Shaffelburg would cut it as a LWB and he showed a ton of potential a winger late last season. 

29 minutes ago, rydermike said:

Given Insigne is coming to play a LW role,

I am sure he is going to play as a false 9.   Same as what Giovinco played.  I cant see them forking that kind of dough for a just winger

Edited by Free kick

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Makes me wonder if this was something in the work pre-Auro news. He would have had every opportunity with both Laryea and Auro out the door.

depends on the formation they plan to play. 

3-5-2 looks really likely with a backline of Mavinga - Salcedo - Oneil

2 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

Does seem strange. I thought he was already signed but apparently not.

TFC has a void at FB right now. Could be an issue with a future release clause or length of contract, to use TFC as a stepping stone. 

Hope he and his agent are making the correct call. 

There's no release clauses in MLS with Homegrowns.  

3 hours ago, Canuckistan2019 said:

He knows Toronto fc doesn’t give youth strong minutes. Should head to Europe instead

I was gonna say that I have a good feeling about our young guys getting a real chance this year but I said the same thing a year ago and look at what happened lmao. To be fair the American dead weight players are gone and I am feeling more confident in Bradley when it comes to playing and developing the kids.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...