Kobe Franklin

JamesF

On 5/30/2023 at 12:17 PM, SoccMan said:

Like I’ve always said if you are good enough and dedicated and with a bit of luck you will get there . It doesn’t matter if you stay with TFC or leave if you are good enough you will make it . It’s easy to blame TFC but I can put together a long list of former Canadian TFC players who we all blamed TFC for not playing them enough, who left TFC and basically failed on almost every team they went to after TFC, some were not even good enough for the CPL . Sometimes it’s just the player not being good enough which I know for some it’s hard to believe .

Here we go.... one win and a tie and the TFC defenders are back on the train with the blinders on. 

That's too easy bro.  Benching a guy from 18-21, with no proper development or coaching wastes many good players who could have had good solid careers.  TFC or any other Canadian team or academy does not get a free pass on that fact.

Pleasantly surprised to see how defensively sound and composed Kobe was yesterday, especially for a young player. Surprised as he was always great going forward for our youth teams but suspect defensively. He seems to have switched that around. Not sure if he lacks the speed at this level or he's been told to play conservatively.

18 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Still a bit surprised he wasn't named on one of the preliminary squad lists. His versatility is an asset.

Does TFC have games during the GC? If so they may have asked JH to keep him with his club given he's been starting. I do hope that there's been communication with Kobe and Canada's coaching staff at the very least though.

16 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Does TFC have games during the GC? If so they may have asked JH to keep him with his club given he's been starting. I do hope that there's been communication with Kobe and Canada's coaching staff at the very least though.

MLS isn't stopping for the GC because of Leagues Cup so there will be lots of minutes to go around.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder why he didn’t play yesterday? One of the few bright spots of the season and all I read is how TfC are begging for Laryea to come back and if not they’ll sign another full back.  
Franklin is the one prospect that has proven that he can play, yet they want to push him back to the bench, while they continue to cycle through the Thompsons, Kerrs, JMM, hyped attacking prospects that seemingly can’t put it together. 

2 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

I wonder why he didn’t play yesterday? One of the few bright spots of the season and all I read is how TfC are begging for Laryea to come back and if not they’ll sign another full back.  
Franklin is the one prospect that has proven that he can play, yet they want to push him back to the bench, while they continue to cycle through the Thompsons, Kerrs, JMM, hyped attacking prospects that seemingly can’t put it together. 

TFC are gonna ruin Franklin aren't they. It's amazing how he's beating the odds on an utterly shit team, performance and culture-wise.

1 hour ago, Lansdude said:

TFC are gonna ruin Franklin aren't they. It's amazing how he's beating the odds on an utterly shit team, performance and culture-wise.

And we're surprised?  Just par for the course.  Really hope the kids stopping signing with this team until something MAJOR changes.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

His Fotbmob rating was 5.7 which is pretty bad, but looking at his numbers- 92% passing, 2/2 ground duels, 1 tackle, 3rd most touches on the team and played all 90 minutes. Feels like that’s not the worst performance you can give when your team gets washed 4-0. I think he had Finnish Messi coming down his side too.