Kobe Franklin

JamesF

2 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Whats the scoop there??  Mavinga hurt again, I hate how we never hear about injuries until gametime?  Should have just signed him in the off season, looks to be lots of potential there.   

He seemed pegged for one and then left camp, seems like he may have been exploring other options. I figure he will be in the line up tomorrow as you would not sign him to one of these short term deals otherwise. Be nice to see the kid get a run out. 

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Wouldnt Senior just go with Petrasso and Chung again??  Oh well, shouldnt look a gift contract in the mouth...get in there and earn yourself a real contract.  

Chung got injured last match and is "questionable" for tomorrow, according to Bradley Sr. in the TFC presser yesterday

7 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Chung got injured last match and is "questionable" for tomorrow, according to Bradley Sr. in the TFC presser yesterday

So Franklin actually has a good chance to feature, maybe even from the start. Nelson does not have the defensive awareness to play wing back, not sure who else would even be considered. Maybe O'Neil at right back in a back four

1 minute ago, El Diego said:

So Franklin actually has a good chance to feature, maybe even from the start. Nelson does not have the defensive awareness to play wing back, not sure who else would even be considered. Maybe O'Neil at right back in a back four

In the same presser, Bradley mentioned Kosi Thompson. I think the idea would be 3 at the back and then five across the middle, so he wouldn't be playing right back per se, more of a wingback role.

5 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I think so, they are high on the kid. Believe they really tried to sign him to a first team contract earlier in the year. With some of the knocks picked up over the last little while he has a real chance at seeing the field tomorrow. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Cblake said:

Great to see Kobe get a run out last night, making his MLS debut after being an unused sub in two previous matches while being on a series of short term deals. This kid has a bright future. 

Something I learned yesterday is that players on these short term deals are limited to 2 MLS appearances (and 4 total 4day deals). Could explain why he was an unused sub the first two times, as they didn't want to waste one of those two play opportunities (instead waiting for a day like yesterday when they had no subs) 

31 minutes ago, rydermike said:

Something I learned yesterday is that players on these short term deals are limited to 2 MLS appearances (and 4 total 4day deals). Could explain why he was an unused sub the first two times, as they didn't want to waste one of those two play opportunities (instead waiting for a day like yesterday when they had no subs) 

Yes, if the Vancouver game was Saturday , the 4 day deals everyone signed for yesterday would have covered that game too. As you mentioned they have to pick and choose when to use such deals. Kobe has now signed three of them. Themi on the other hand has maxed on out his four which included a 10 minute MLS debut. Yeates, Rothrock and Pearlman have had once each.

I have to think that Kobe is at the top of the list to get a home grown first team deal. 

9 hours ago, Macksam said:

Alright, I missed the game, the suspense is killing me, someone give me the QRD on how he did.

He played about 15 minutes. Basically, a standard fullback job. Nothing really out of the ordinary, which is good.  Nothing spectacular, no bad plays that caused issues. Basically a game where you didn't notice him because nothing stood out (which is a good thing). 

Edited by rydermike

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, Xavier. said:

When I saw with the U20s, he was very much like De Montigny with the U17s.  Good on the ball, lots of energy, gets stuck in but terrible decision making and soccer sense which either caught him out of position in defense or had him missing the runs of his teammates in the final third.

• 2 weeks later...