WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

26 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

All 3 young duals were called to the squad, 1 declined due to club, can’t say who. Not sure if the other 2 accepted… but theres the expectation that Jebbison will be there.

If this is true - egg on my face for the Jebbison post two hours ago haha

23 hours ago, theaub said:

Would be a quick turnaround (although IMO they should have had a contingency plan set up for this), but since the matches for this period are split into two groups of four why don't they just move the red list group to the US?

They could definitely do that.  As far as home field advantage, the latin american countries would not lose anything from playing in the US.  Jamaica might loose something. 

20 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

I see a scenario (and I’m really rooting for this) where all this chaos might help our qualification chances - if difficult away matches need to be moved to neutral locations.  But I also see a possibility where we may get screwed and have to play away matches in future windows without significant Euro based players.

It would leave a bitter feeling to actually finally qualify for the World Cup (after all these years) and having it be the result of being aided by the global pandemic.   But having said that, for the latin american countries, i am convinced that the wont be disadvantage if they played in the games in the US and were allowed to play in the US. 

51 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I said "scarier" - I know they have more depth, very good at home and are favorites...

We're still "scarier"

Buchanan, Davies, David, Larin charging at them...

The Phantom Menace Fear GIF by Star Wars

We're playing 3 games in 6 days. Chances are Herdman will play those four against Honduras and El Salvador and have them skip the US. Then again he might mix and match.

I agree with you our 1st team has nothing to be scared of with the US. Problem is we can't play our 1st team in all three games.

24 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

If this is true - egg on my face for the Jebbison post two hours ago haha

I didn’t speak to anyone who said he would be, but it seems like there’s more than a few who believe he’s in. I know it’s a contradictory statement, but there’s optimism.

15 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Apparently OneSoccer was able to for all but the US one.

ESPN facilitated that for them. They can get more but it seems TSN and RDS just don't want to deal with MediaPro

Edited by Ansem

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Jamaica wasn't added to the UK red list. Mexico is though

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#red-list

Unchanged as far CONCACAF goes I think.

Except we, Canada are green, which is great for me personally. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

22 minutes ago, narduch said:

How does this make sense if the game is on FS1 in the US?

WCQ home games are sold/controlled by the FA of the country from my understanding - The USSF sold the rights for the USMNT home game to ESPN which made it possible for TSN and RDS to grab the feed as they are part of the same organization. (someone can correct me if I get this wrong)

The CSA controls the WCQ home rights which goes to Onesoccer.

For the games in Mexico, Jamaica, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Panama and Honduras - MediaPro has to bid for the rights to show those away games here. I think they already got those deals but they lost to ESPN in the US.

Edited by Ansem

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

So in the end it will just be Jiminez missing, who's already been missing for the past 18 months or whatever?

In other words, nothing changes lol

It means that if teams play in Mexico or Costa Rica, (or Panama) like Jamaica do this window, they will have to quarantine coming back.

And if nothing changes, any of our UK players would for those games in other windows. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

9 minutes ago, Ansem said:

WCQ home games are sold/controlled by the FA of the country from my understanding - The USSF sold the rights for the USMNT home game to ESPN which made it possible for TSN and RDS to grab the feed as they are part of the same organization. (someone can correct me if I get this wrong)

The CSA controls the WCQ home rights which goes to Onesoccer.

For the games in Mexico, Jamaica, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Panama and Honduras - MediaPro has to bid for the rights to show those away games here. I think they already got those deals but they lost to ESPN in the US.

ESPN does not have the rights to US home games. Fox does