WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

CANADA
GK- Milan Borjan | SRB / FK Crvena zvezda (Red Star Belgrade)
GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
GK- James Pantemis | CAN / CF Montréal
CB- Doneil Henry | KOR / Suwon Samsung Bluewings 
CB- Scott Kennedy | GER / SSV Jahn Regensburg
CB- Kamal Miller | CAN / CF Montréal
CB- Steven Vitória | POR / Moreirense FC
FB- Samuel Adekugbe | TUR / Hatayspor FC
FB- Alphonso Davies | GER / FC Bayern München
FB- Alistair Johnston | USA / Nashville SC
FB- Richie Laryea | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Stephen Eustáquio | POR / FC Paços de Ferreira
M- Liam Fraser | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
M- Mark-Anthony Kaye | USA / Colorado Rapids
M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Samuel Piette | CAN / CF Montréal
M- David Wotherspoon | SCO / St. Johnstone FC
F- Tajon Buchanan | USA / New England Revolution
F- Lucas Cavallini | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
F- Jonathan David | FRA / Lille OSC
F- David Junior Hoilett | ENG / Reading FC
F- Cyle Larin | TUR / Beşiktaş JK

Easier on the eyes

11 minutes ago, Shway said:

Why. Do. People. Continue. To. Compare. Hutchinson. To. Arfield 

Fucking stop please!

Hutch showed up this year, Arfield didn’t.
Hutch has quadruple the amount of caps/service with the MNT.

It’s infuriating to read.
Everyone Ontario born and raised player has tons of respect for Atiba. Ask Laryea, Larin, Hutchinson, Henry, Johnston, Osorio, Cavallini, Buchanan, Kaye…etc. 

It’s different levels of respect. Arfield clearly hasn’t gotten that from them. 

That's great they all have more respect for Hutch, how can you not, he is a Canadian legend, we do not know the internal feelings or situations with players though, not everyone is going to get along! I would find it odd that Arfield was disliked, I remember videos of him playing guitar and having a sing along with the team, is that all out the door because he didn't show up when coming back from a major injury? If people feel we are better without Arfield in this squad that is their perogative, I don't, we shall see!

11 minutes ago, theaub said:

Is the upcoming press conference not on OneSoccer? Showing random CONCACAF League

The CSA has to give their questions they want one soccer to ask herdman, they must be working from home so they are late so they are coming on at 7 LOL 😂 

13 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

So far Honduras and Costa Rica have both called 28 players. The US called 26. There is literally no reason for us not to call a couple extras. 

As @RSsaid they very well may have and just didn't release their names. We called 10 extra players for WCQ and are playing in Toronto 2/3 matches so it would be pretty easy to get some players in (Okello, ZBG, Choiniere, Waterman, Akindele, Morgan, Pasher, Chapman etc.)

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

As @RSsaid they very well may have and just didn't release their names. We called 10 extra players for WCQ and are playing in Toronto 2/3 matches so it would be pretty easy to get some players in (Okello, ZBG, Choiniere, Waterman, Akindele, Morgan, Pasher, Chapman etc.)

As a fan of CF Montreal I don't think Choiniere and Waterman should be on the national team. ZBG yes but unfortunately the national team is stacked on that side with Buchanan and Laryea.

19 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I don't think it is.  I think Herdman will join them tonight at 7pm.  No idea how to get to the press conference.

The conferences are mainly for written press. Herdman will then usually do a series of 1-on-1 interviews for radio and TV later on.

14 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

From what I’ve been told is a group of players were contacted for their availability and were told to be on stand by. Not sure if there is a taxi squad included in this

Sure hope that this group of players are more than just practice scrubs but fully capable of starting or subbing in for these WCQ games

Edited by Kadenge

5 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

From what I’ve been told is a group of players were contacted for their availability and were told to be on stand by. Not sure if there is a taxi squad included in this

Almost certainly is my gut feeling. After Friday's Montreal vs Toronto match, some guys are going to make the trip to Toronto prior to Match #1.