WCQ Taxi Squad for June

This is a fantastic list. A couple MLS starters that can easily step in if needed. Crazy that we have MLS starters that can't make our 23 man squad. A couple young guys that get to be around the first team and can hopefully continue to develop. Also great to see Singh and Akinola there. I was thinking about this earlier this week. I think we get either of them or neither of them.

I wonder if Cornelius has a move in the works? Played great at Olympic qualifiers, but hardly plays for a bad team.

Edited by Stryker911

Akinola. Nice. 

Think we will know one way or another who he represents at the Gold Cup. 

Neat for Singh. Great chance for him to integrate into the squad but also for Herdman and co. to assess whether we want him. He can still switch to Canada until he is capped more than 3 times for T & T can't he?

Disappointed the young Euro contingent aren't in there but I guess it makes some sense the extras are all N. American based and don't need to quarantine etc. 

8 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

This is a fantastic list. A couple MLS starters that can easily step in if needed. Crazy that we have MLS starters that can't make our 23 man squad.

I remember when Teibert, Osorio and Tissot were getting called in when they weren't even starters, but MLS needed some representation from their Canadian clubs.

28 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

Well, I got my question answered, but like many of you I'm perplexed at some of the choices.  I'm happy Akinola and Singh are on it but what about all of the other dual nats, plus guys like Cornelius, Pasher, Shaffelburg, and Baldisimo?

There was something on Pasher in his thread ... dealing with an injury, so that explains that one at least.

8 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Well at least Akinola and Singh are there (allegedly). I was partly hoping for a surprise young dual national though, one of Jebbison/Dias/Flores.  

Gold cup is a possibility. Given none of them would likely have played in June coming over to train with the restrictions probably isn't deemed worthwhile for either side. For a tournament like Gold Cup that definitely makes more sense and will be a bigger pull for those players imo.

Jebbison is with England right now isn't he too?

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Sorry Jambo, I cant condone any Yankoving on this board.  It wasnt right when he Yankoffed us, we shouldnt Yankoff someone else.  As Shway says, "it shouldnt happen PERIOD...except for any exemptions I feel are worthwhile."  

All jokes aside, it’s clear some of you guys don’t rate Hutchinson as you do Arfield.

I stand by what I said - and it shouldn’t sound egregious either. 

Edited by Shway

Everyone should experience being Yankoffed at some point. Some type of character building.

Happy to veer off topic to reply. Arfield isn't in Hutch's league imo

Thanks @Shway feeling satisfied now you explained the Yankoff 101 for beginners. 

Edited by toontownman