WCQ Taxi Squad for June

Canada's literally training at the same place (ChampionsGate) TFC's based themselves out of, so it's not exactly a long trip for the TFC taxi squad guys + Tesho. I assume a CSA flack rented a van and picked up the Montreal guys in Ft. Lauderdale.

Only Metcalfe and Morgan would need to fly, and they probably travelled together since they're both in Salt Lake.

9 hours ago, RS said:

Canada's literally training at the same place (ChampionsGate) TFC's based themselves out of, so it's not exactly a long trip for the TFC taxi squad guys + Tesho. I assume a CSA flack rented a van and picked up the Montreal guys in Ft. Lauderdale.

Only Metcalfe and Morgan would need to fly, and they probably travelled together since they're both in Salt Lake.

Either way it is a great place to be training out of

I'm hoping this conversation doesn't happen.

Dias: "So what's it like playing for Canada?"
Godinho: "In only my 4th game for Canada, after being off for 2 months, I tried to pass it back to our keeper, but he backpedaled and then tried to go around a forward and got the ball stripped off of him and got scored on. Then later in the game I got called for a penalty which they scored on. It's been 2 years and still the fans hate me."

6 minutes ago, Kent said:

I'm hoping this conversation doesn't happen.

Dias: "So what's it like playing for Canada?"
Godinho: "In only my 4th game for Canada, after being off for 2 months, I tried to pass it back to our keeper, but he backpedaled and then tried to go around a forward and got the ball stripped off of him and got scored on. Then later in the game I got called for a penalty which they scored on. It's been 2 years and still the fans hate me."

Nah.  Solid Olympic tournament for him put him back in the good books for most of the critics. 

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Run Away GIF

Luke Singh trying to get back into the taxi squad after he said he'd show up for T & T's second match.

I am really curious what he does.  At this point, would he really let them lock him down for the 3-year period he would have to wait before switching allegiances? (I think that is how it works). That seems really odd. 

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am really curious what he does.  At this point, would he really let them lock him down for the 3-year period he would have to wait before switching allegiances? (I think that is how it works). That seems really odd. 

Doesn't make sense tbh. I've said this many times, as long as Canada is calling guys don't turn down Canada to play for Caribbean nations. It doesn't and wont happen. 

He has the ability to make the Gold Cup team....put a good showing there like how some guys did at the Olympic qualifiers, and he could instantly throw his hat into the CB conversation. 

Sturing came out of nowhere for an example .

Edited by Shway

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

That would be a huge letdown. Would much rather see players who actually play for their clubs.

The Caps have too many fixtures around Gold Cup time and I could see them negotiating with the CSA to try to keep some key guys for all or part of that time.

Metcalfe had a better showing at the OQ than many expected so he might get a chance to strut his stuff at the GC for other suitors.