Forge FC Season Thread 2021

Big_M

8 minutes ago, gator said:

This will help, Edgar needs to be replaced, hopefully the draft picks are quality and I still think another striker with pace is required, most of the teams in the league will be better!

I agree. I’m glad the level is getting higher, we lost some good players but if our players are going to be flipped for profit the caliber of play needs to improve, at least to a level that is clearly above USL.

18 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I agree. I’m glad the level is getting higher, we lost some good players but if our players are going to be flipped for profit the caliber of play needs to improve, at least to a level that is clearly above USL.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Especially in a pandemic.

Hopefully we’ll see something closer to 2019 in terms of the league format (even if that means some games at reduced capacity to start). 

11 minutes ago, gator said:

This will help, Edgar needs to be replaced, hopefully the draft picks are quality and I still think another striker with pace is required, most of the teams in the league will be better!

I agree. But will say, I think Dominic Samuel is underrated. I've been really impressed with his versatility, especially for his size. Before Edgar arrived he was preferred over Krutzen in the CB roles. I think with their experience, and development over the past two seasons. I wouldn't be against seeing Samuel and Krutzen as the CB pairing.....which allows Grant to play his actually position, and not RM. 

I also think Forge will be playing a Liverpool style of football, where Babouli is playing the Firmino role and does a lot of false 9ing like he already does to play in Choinneirre and Borges. 

This is a potential starting XI we could see against TFC:

image.png.3d844fb0ae101a62304dba07c0ea0f03.png

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Makes me want Forge to win, and I am a TFC fan.

I feel exactly the same way.

It’s absolute bullshit, and I’m glad Bob Young asked the question of how this is okay....because it’s not. 

Im interested to see what the CSA will say, and how they will address the said issues....but like everything else with the CSA, don’t count on it.

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

At this point what can be done? We know when Championship League starts and they have known this for ages? The CSA should have set a date ages ago. I am sure they would talked to the two teams to figure out. 

It's pretty obvious now that TFC made it hard for the  CSA to schedule this in 2020.

6 hours ago, red card said:

Duane popping off - but this time he admits it

...but it wasn't cost-prohibitive to have a full Forge roster gallivanting around El Salvador, Panama, the Dominican Republic and Honduras for weeks on end in the middle of a pandemic?

Think it's clear from Jeff Hunt's comments in the Ottawa Sun that CanPL as a league don't expect to be active for many months yet until they can have crowds, but if the Forge had won against the Haitian team they would have been on the hook to take part in the Champions League and they definitely appeared to be going for it.

Why could the game not have been played in Hartford, CT at that point once both teams were out of Canada? It looked to me at the time like the Forge may have insisted earlier that it still had to happen in Canada and had been hoping to receive a forfeit when TFC moved out of Canada to complete their MLS season.

This looks more like an ongoing p***ing contest over who has most influence to me and toys are being thrown around the room at this point because it clearly isn't Bob and he isn't getting his own way to the extent he does with CanPL decision making. Can't imagine he is thrilled about the D2 stuff either so the next few weeks could be entertaining in a reach for a bag of popcorn gif sort of way.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot