Forge FC Season Thread 2021

Big_M

10 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Cisse through the first two years was a pretty boring, but steady and consistent player.

However, this year and specifically this last month he has been immense. I don’t remember the last time he took a wrong step, and he’s even been reliable filling in at RB. He’s always where you want him to be, is good at breaking up challenges and making quick decisions.

Tough to get much recognition in his position, but I think he’s been our MVP candidate.

also, considering how much criticism the Sigma-Forge relationship gets, the scouting deserves some credit for bringing in unknowns like Krutzen, AAJ and Cisse who have shown their quality.

Browne was the obvious MOTM last night but Cisse was EVERYWHERE.  He had a great game.

What team in world football, in terms of their style of play does Forge remind you of? 

They remind me a bit of the Red Bull teams, both in their style of play and they way they utilize their players - like their not dependant on one player to win a game or their season won't be ruined with an injury or two.  

Such an amazing and inspiring performance last night. I've been watching the odd CPL game from afar trying to figure out a team I could follow and cheer for. Always watched Forge's big matches, especially in international competition, but didn't feel that close to the team personally.

vs Montreal and then especially this game was the first time I really felt like a "real fan". I think I'll be watching more closely from now on! 

12 hours ago, Big_M said:

Macagno has been amazing for blainville and is one of the best in Canada currently

Something to bear in mind with L1O and PLSQ level is that coaches and older players will tend to have careers outside soccer and may not be able/willing to relocate for a job elsewhere in something as precarious in career longevity terms as pro level soccer for money that is far from life altering. That helps explain why CanPL clubs have tended to hire coaches locally. They can still keep other gigs going as well to some extent.

Is it safe to assume that the interest in him would be for head coach? Assistant to somebody like Bob Bradley at TFC (going only from what is being posted elsewhere) filing the Jason Bent sort of role initially might be his way into MLS in a similar manner to what happened with Marc Dos Santos at LAFC before the Whitecaps job opened up for him. They could maybe even link it to an academy role to tap into his Sigma expertise. Whether he would take something like that is another matter entirely obviously.

4 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Is it safe to assume that the interest in him would be for head coach? Assistant to somebody like Bob Bradley at TFC (going only from what is being posted elsewhere) filing the Jason Bent sort of role initially might be his way into MLS in a similar manner to what happened with Marc Dos Santos at LAFC before the Whitecaps job opened up for him. They could maybe even link it to an academy role to tap into his Sigma expertise. Whether he would take something like that is another matter entirely obviously.

As owner/part-owner of Sigma, I can't imaging that he'd take a job at TFC Academy, essentially the main competitor to his existing business. If he leaves Hamilton, it'll surely have to be for a bigger job than he already has.

9 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

As owner/part-owner of Sigma, I can't imaging that he'd take a job at TFC Academy, essentially the main competitor to his existing business. If he leaves Hamilton, it'll surely have to be for a bigger job than he already has.

Yeah there is a pretty open rivalry between sigma and Toronto. Little crossover with players let alone coaches.

What about Houston? Just sacked their coach and have a new Canadian GM. 

On 11/8/2021 at 3:42 PM, Big_M said:

wouldnt be surprised if its onstad for houston...watched an interview with him last night...wouldnt be surprised either if its chicago...could have an experienced fellow greek assistant in klopas

and houston didnt sack ramos...contract ended and they parted ways

7 minutes ago, Big_M said:

and houston didnt sack ramos...contract ended and they parted ways

"The Dynamo decided not to extend Ramos' contract, which expired at the end of this season. Ramos was appointed head coach in October 2019."

You're right. They didn't sack him they just moved on.