Forge FC Season Thread 2021

Big_M

As I said in the past, Charlie is right again! This conspiracy is deeper than I could ever of imagined!

On 10/24/2020 at 10:32 PM, fil said:

4jqooy.jpg

Charlie was right! This is a conspiracy of the highest order! 

They have created an unholy alliance in their nefarious plans to prevent Forge from winning the Voyageurs cup from Toronto FC. Nothing will stop their evil plans. After Cavalry humiliated Vancouver Whitecaps and Montreal impact barely squeaked by York 9, they will not risk it again.

4mspr9.jpg

4msqhu.jpg

It's clear that the jokers in Toronto are stacking the cards against Forge at any possible opportunity!

Beware of suspicious men in red lurking in the shadows, breathing heavily. He's an agent from Toronto, an agent of evil! Evil I say... eeeeevvviiiillll!!! If he offers a refreshing glass of red koolaid, I plead with you, don't drink it! It's a vile potion brewed at the lair that is MLSE headquarters. I dare not speak once more of that place, who can fathom what depravity, what soccer crimes against humanity they are planning right now. But it will be written on the walls, written in red, blood red that is!

I say we make a stand. The underdogs and outcasts of Hamilton should rally and face them head to head. On their on turf! The red menace must be stopped in their unquenchable lust for world soccer domination. They want to crush all who oppose them in their cold iron fist. We might be outgunned and outmanned but we have the tools here, iron can be warmed, melted and forged!

On 3/6/2021 at 9:17 PM, red card said:

Duane popping off - but this time he admits it

goddamn rollins I've never met a "journalist" or blogger or whatever he is that while sharing a very similar passion feels so diametrically opposed and completely opposite to everything I think and feel in almost every single instance of him saying anything. 

On 3/10/2021 at 9:43 PM, grigorio said:

goddamn rollins I've never met a "journalist" or blogger or whatever he is that while sharing a very similar passion feels so diametrically opposed and completely opposite to everything I think and feel in almost every single instance of him saying anything. 

I really don't see the need to criticize others here, especially those who have been ardent supporters of Canadian soccer, the CPL, and Forge.

We might not like the message he's sending us, but he nailed it - right down to timeline of when Forge would forfeit. In retrospect the letter was probably more about guilting people into giving Forge the final at home.

Edited by nfitz

7 hours ago, nfitz said:

I really don't see the need to criticize others here, especially those who have been ardent supporters of Canadian soccer, the CPL, and Forge.

We might not like the message he's sending us, but he nailed it - right down to timeline of when Forge would forfeit. In retrospect the letter was probably more about guilting people into giving Forge the final at home.

So its for the love of CDN soccer that Rollins is retweeting stories about how how the horse crowd is angry about the revamping of Prairieland.  And of course the "I'll talk about it when it actually happens"  quote is just oooozzing support and excitement for Sask soccer.  Sometimes when guys act like first class A-holes, they need to be called on it.  

9 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

So its for the love of CDN soccer that Rollins is retweeting stories about how how the horse crowd is angry about the revamping of Prairieland. 

Surely it's good to see other perspectives on the issue. Retweeting something isn't agreeing with it.

I keep seeing comments about his pro-TFC bias. But that seems to ignore the very uncomplimentary stuff he has said on TFC over the years. Particularly in the Johnson and Mariner eras. 

These objections kind of sound like the right-wing calling the Star far-left, ignoring how badly and frequently they trashed NDP's David Miller when he was mayor. And the left-wing calling the Globe fascist, ignoring their award-winning coverage of Mulroney's Airbus pay-offs or some of Harper's foibles.

Perhaps a good reporter simply reports news, rather than trying to spin things one way or another.

9 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Sometimes when guys act like first class A-holes, they need to be called on it.  

Well we agree on that!

Edited by nfitz

• 1 month later...

Its great to see him investing time and effort close to where he came from. Just like it was great to see Paul Stalteri get in on Yorks coaching staff. 

I by no means followed Edgar's entire career but I did see his debut with Newcastle when he scored on ManU. Back when I still paid attention to European footy. 

16 hours ago, Big_M said:

could see him returning to play if ever they are in trouble defensively

I thought about that as well, I don't think he ever fully recovered from his injuries which kept him on the sidelines for so long and although he was very effective for Forge in his 2 seasons  this is probably why he retired, if he keeps his fitness level up I suppose it is a possibility but it's hard to stay in game shape just by coaching!

doubt that he'll be standing on the sidelines in training sessions..will probably be playing at least part of the time..specially with small roster sizes in cpl extra players might be needed for 11v11 or even some drills

• 2 weeks later...

How did I not see this yesterday? This is an awesome transition from David Edgar and between the two of them and their experience they can impart so much knowledge on the younger defenders. Calgary can add whomever they want now...the microwave plate is coming back to the Hammer. 

On 5/13/2021 at 2:18 PM, DavemTFC said:

Babouli is quality IMO. That said, he seems to be the only centre forward on the roster

Yeah. Not a big goalscoring forward but all round play is good. It was pointed out to me that Bobby doesnt really play with a goalscoring striker though. They have won 2 leagues without one so who am I to judge lol.

Today's Toronto Star story about Ontarians looking to other cities to get vaccinated had a picture of Sparx, the Forge FC mascot in a photo for the story! More coverage than the entire league ever got in the sports page!
That's page A6 for those with access to the printed paper or the epaper.  They don't know the mascot's name but hey, a walking orange flame carrying a hammer getting an oversized needle from a masked nurse in the parking lot is certainly memorable.  

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

https://canpl.ca/article/smyrniotis-teases-signings-as-forge-ramps-up-for-2021-youre-playing-for-forge-youre-expected-to-be-a-champion

Teases a couple more signings. I expect they will be significant. I have no inside knowledge, but I would not be shocked to see Anthony Jackson-Hamel come to Forge.

That would be a dream come true.