Forge FC Season Thread 2021

Big_M

On 1/31/2021 at 11:03 AM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Northern Tribune reporting that Daniel Krutzen has returned to Canada leaving camp a day early after playing in a friendly with Helsingborgs IF.  I guess he has come to a contract agreement with the Forge.

Krutzen Returning To Canada Following Swedish Trials - Northern Tribune

My nephew is named after Helsingborgs legend Henrik Larson, so it would’ve been bittersweet to see Krutzen end up there.

On 2/12/2021 at 9:11 AM, gator said:

Forge were already thin up front in my opinion, they really need to address this, losing Novak certainly doesn't help but good luck to him wherever he ends up!

Welshman is already on the third club of his Israeli adventure, I somewhat expect it to come full circle with him returning to Forge in the near future.

Nonetheless, one more striker a la Jordan Hamilton mould would be nice. 

These signings are all really good, I am not disappointed with any of them returning, it should provide a good nucleus to defend the title, Edgar still needs to be replaced and another striker needs to be brought in, the roster needs a bit of new quality IMHO!

7 minutes ago, gator said:

These signings are all really good, I am not disappointed with any of them returning, it should provide a good nucleus to defend the title, Edgar still needs to be replaced and another striker needs to be brought in, the roster needs a bit of new quality IMHO!

They drafted 2 CB so Edgar is numerically replaced if they sign for 2021 :)

23 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Telfer, Manella, Jackson-Hamel and probably Borges are still available, possibly a TFC loanee or an International signing, they still have 3 spots open.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the return of Borges, that would help with the goal scoring, I'm not sure how the draft picks @mtlsab mentions are going to work out, Edgar's retirement leave large boots to fill, not only was he a very good CB at this level but he was a real leader!

6 hours ago, gator said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see the return of Borges, that would help with the goal scoring, I'm not sure how the draft picks @mtlsab mentions are going to work out, Edgar's retirement leave large boots to fill, not only was he a very good CB at this level but he was a real leader!

People in Quebec say Garven Metusala can be a starter in CanPL. I've never watched him play so I dont know. 

so in CB, you can have Krutzen, Samuel+2 draftees for the depth chart

7 hours ago, toontownman said:

Back in Canada training already, so he is going somewhere. Was hoping for a shock switch to Ottawa with  fisk going to forge. Maybe they will get both.

It looks very much like the Forge and possibly the Cavalry are the only ones actually spending up to the cap. A 500k floor and a 750k cap in salary terms was maybe the way to keep two schools of thought amongst the owners happy at the outset? If the Forge and Bob Young land both it will provide more evidence for that scenario and give the league even more of an NSL with Rocco LoFranco (passionate about his soccer but up there with Harold Ballard in other ways) as league head honcho and Toronto Italia owner (but you better not suggest that's a conflict of interest) feel to it with the Cavalry playing the role of Toronto Croatia.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot