Dominick Zator

Dub Narcotic

11 hours ago, Fresh Prince of MTL said:

While it’s ideal that the club keeps all the transfer money, MLS only takes 5% of the fee and if they’re a homegrown player they take none so I wouldn’t consider it as taking “most of the money”

hmm... I guess I'm getting a little out of date... pretty sure the league, not the club, used to take the majority of the money. Must admit I haven't kept up with MLS transfer rules and such for about the last decade.

5 hours ago, A_Gagne said:

hmm... I guess I'm getting a little out of date... pretty sure the league, not the club, used to take the majority of the money. Must admit I haven't kept up with MLS transfer rules and such for about the last decade.

I believe a couple years back they changed it from 25% of the fee to the 5% they have now. But much like it’s retirement league view I find it often gets exaggerated in the general soccer world’s opinions of the league still unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Fresh Prince of MTL said:

I believe a couple years back they changed it from 25% of the fee to the 5% they have now. But much like it’s retirement league view I find it often gets exaggerated in the general soccer world’s opinions of the league still unfortunately.

Didn’t it depend on the type of player? And how many years they spent in the league? Like with a draft player the leagues retains a higher percentage?

58 minutes ago, YorkRegionFan said:

How does he xompoto Lukas McNaughton? Higher upside? 

From what I’ve seen of both, I like MacNaughtons game better. He’s more calm and composed on the ball.

Upside….not much considering their age. However I believe if MacNaughton can cement his 3rd CB spot at TFC he has the upper hand, especially with him being in a camp more recently.

I actually thought he looked good in the Bahrain game on the dodgy pitch. 

Edited by Shway

35 minutes ago, YorkRegionFan said:

How does he xompoto Lukas McNaughton? Higher upside? 

More hardnosed than McNaughton, who is more of the ball playing type center back.

Zator can also cover at right back. Played there a lot for Cavalry. He's definitely more at home at CB, though. He's kind of in the mold of Andre Hainault, if you are familiar with him. 

Otherwise, yeah I would say his ceiling is similar to McNaugton's. Lukas, Zator and Didic are all guys look/looked capable of earning the odd call and maybe getting a cap or two. Zator will be the next in line to do that, I think.

Until recently I though Waterman would be part of that group too, but I think he's poised to have a more regular role with the nats. He's shaping up to be a mainstay for the 2026 cycle. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Shway said:

90 in a 2-1 win with 7.7 fotmob rating.

Think if he keeps it up, he should get a call for nations league. Outside of Vitoria we don’t have any other CBS in match form. 

1. It's funny how this same player wouldn't get a sniff while playing for York United a short time ago.
  2. Regardless, I definitely agree. It's early, but Poland is a stronger league than CanPL and right now he's proving himself. 
  3. To add to your comment, Vitoria was getting calls while playing in this league, ironically. Better club of course, but your point is still a good one, we could use the match form cover. Not saying we shouldn't call Waterman in March, but maybe Herdman goes for an "in-season" alternative while expanding the pool? They've worked together during last Nations League, so perhaps it wouldn't be crazy to see him. 
Edited by Obinna