Dominick Zator

Dub Narcotic

I thought he might have had a call up to this recent NT camp.  I hope he is able to sign somewhere where he has a good shot at starting.  Vancouver kicked the tires on Didic anď Sissoko in last year's camp and maybe they will do the same again with Zator and one or two other CPL guys.  I rather see if he can get a European gig, as suggested by others here.

Maybe I am misreading things but it seems unlikely that he walks away from Cavalry without any plan B, or at least some strong signals of interest.  I guess he could just be rolling the dice and relying on his ability to get someone’s attention in a higher tier, but it seems like a continued role with Cavalry would offer a good platform and good exposure so it just seems to me like he must have some other options lined up.  

18 minutes ago, Ansem said:

According to Wheeldon on Onesoccer, Zator is going to Europe. Hr didn't say if he already had a club deal but said that he cannot be not playing for such extended period of time while in his prime (CPL off seasons=way too long)

Hopefully it’s a decent level, I’m sure the pay will be better. 

to be fair every cpl player last year lost a year...but the off season is long.

25 minutes ago, Ansem said:

According to Wheeldon on Onesoccer, Zator is going to Europe. Hr didn't say if he already had a club deal but said that he cannot be not playing for such extended period of time while in his prime (CPL off seasons=way too long)

Makes sense. He was already a late bloomer too, so I can understand where he's coming from. 

I fear the Championship would be too high a level, but I would love for him to go there and win playing time and prove me wrong. I imagine Poland, Scotland and Sweden would all be in the first division and I feel pretty confident he could contribute in any of those leagues outside of the big teams (Rangers, Celtic, Lech Poznań, Malmo, etc.)

19 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I fear the Championship would be too high a level, but I would love for him to go there and win playing time and prove me wrong. I imagine Poland, Scotland and Sweden would all be in the first division and I feel pretty confident he could contribute in any of those leagues outside of the big teams (Rangers, Celtic, Lech Poznań, Malmo, etc.)

There was a championship team that didn’t think so, I would love for him to end up there.

Wheeldon rated him very highly, said he would have been up there in terms of MLS CB’s.

31 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I think it’s just a rumour, not sure why he’d leave Calgary for them, they said to expect Europe.

that account isnt very reliable however the northern tribune is and says hes headed to a team in ontario. I think the only way it makes sense if he signs with York United and they loan him asap to a team in europe like they have with Petrasso and Hamilton. 

30 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

that account isnt very reliable however the northern tribune is and says hes headed to a team in ontario. I think the only way it makes sense if he signs with York United and they loan him asap to a team in europe like they have with Petrasso and Hamilton. 

This sucks, I wanted a higher level for him but I’m guessing York is able to pay more, and if he gets Europe as a result good for him.

Why would he take a step back? If he does stay in the CPL it makes the most sense that he goes to Forge FC. Defending champs, Voyageurs Cup finalist and CONCACAF LEAGUE participants again. The fact that Forge has a gaping hole at his position makes this the most logical choice if he stays in the league...just not sure about the cap space available.

7 hours ago, canadianbacons said:

Not sure how legitimate this Twitter account is.  Not where I was hoping he would end up, though he was going up a level.

This account is pretty reliable - they originated before the first season and seem to be a league driven insider (almost like propaganda). 

I do agree that he would make more sense for Forge, especially with their upcoming voyageurs cup match and CONCACAF league but York also makes sense with Arnone and Gasparotto out.

59 minutes ago, longlugan said:

Why would he take a step back? If he does stay in the CPL it makes the most sense that he goes to Forge FC. Defending champs, Voyageurs Cup finalist and CONCACAF LEAGUE participants again. The fact that Forge has a gaping hole at his position makes this the most logical choice if he stays in the league...just not sure about the cap space available.

This was what I was thinking too, though that may be more hopeful than expectant.