Dominick Zator

Dub Narcotic

16 minutes ago, Shway said:

90 in a 2-1 win with 7.7 fotmob rating.

Think if he keeps it up, he should get a call for nations league. Outside of Vitoria we don’t have any other CBS in match form. 

There is also a lack of established right footed CB. Vitoria and Waterman are the only two that are playing in a good league. 

This is exciting for us, as this would be another depth piece behind Johnston at RCB. However, I’m not convinced Herdman will call him up just yet. Starting at a decent level isn’t enough as evidenced by Waterman and James. Curiously he was called to Canada full side in 2019 and then left out of the 2020 domestic camp. Unless I’m missing an explanation that can’t be a good sign. 

18 minutes ago, HochelagaFC said:

There is also a lack of established right footed CB. Vitoria and Waterman are the only two that are playing in a good league. 

Henry also with Minnesota, if he can play. 

24 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This is exciting for us, as this would be another depth piece behind Johnston at RCB. However, I’m not convinced Herdman will call him up just yet. Starting at a decent level isn’t enough as evidenced by Waterman and James. Curiously he was called to Canada full side in 2019 and then left out of the 2020 domestic camp. Unless I’m missing an explanation that can’t be a good sign. 

Henry the forgotten man. Good call.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Is Henry playing/training right now? I haven’t seen him in any content. 

7 minutes ago, Shway said:

Is Henry playing/training right now? I haven’t seen him in any content. 

Even if he is playing/training right now he faces the same conundrum as everyone else coming from MLS - form and fitness.

Actually, upon checking the schedule it appears there are 5 match days before the window. That's not so bad. Players should have shaken off the rust by then and should be approaching top fitness. I was thinking the season started much later. 

Maybe this hurts Zator's case even. It's different if players have only played a game or two before the break - at that point you maybe take a chance on a guy who is playing in a slightly inferior league but playing regularly and peaking in fitness and form. That marginal advantage isn't really there if guys like Henry, MacNaughton and Waterman have already played 5 games.

But I guess that's a big IF when it comes to Henry and MacNaughton. Remains to be seen if either will be the starter at their respective clubs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Another start and another seemingly good performance. 13 points for them in his 7 games there which is the same amount they managed in 17 games without him. Not sure if they brought in other signings in January but has to be a good sign.

They call that “the Larin effect”.  

17 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Another start and another seemingly good performance. 13 points for them in his 7 games there which is the same amount they managed in 17 games without him. Not sure if they brought in other signings in January but has to be a good sign.

The only other signing I know for sure is the much maligned Godinho. 

Who also started today

26 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

I think they brought in Godinho and their other fullback Briceag in the same window. Both fullbacks seem to have made a big difference, being the top rated players on the team, and dragging the team from the basement out of a relegation spot in those 7 games. Godinho doesn’t seem to have as much of an influence but he got his first start today 

Edited by Aird25

6 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Zator is 6' 1" decent height for a CB option in a 4 back system. What's his pace like and aerial defending?

Pace is average, aerial defending is supurb. When he played RB for Cavalry, he looked like a CB playing RB, if you know what I mean, but his positioning was good and his decision making was good also.

11 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Pace is average, aerial defending is supurb. When he played RB for Cavalry, he looked like a CB playing RB, if you know what I mean, but his positioning was good and his decision making was good also.

Watching him at York I agree he'd be most similar to Vitoria of our current centre backs. Less imposing but more mobile than him.

On 3/11/2023 at 12:52 PM, archer21 said:

A CB playing RB. Sounds like the perfect style of player to backup Johnston at RCB in a back 3.

With the way Alistair has been playing as a wingback/ attacking fullback, he just might be the full replacement as the RCB.